Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you might have heard about bipolar, either you know someone or have heard of it, but I just wanted to explain some things about bipolar.
I was diagnosed with bipolar about 3 years ago, before that I just thought it was normal to have these types of mood swings and have some up and down feelings, also to have a voice in my head telling me that bad things are gonna happen or that its telling me to stay away from people and not leave my room for days.
Once I figured out that wasn't normal, my school at the time sent me to a counsellor, and not one of them ones at school that don't really do anything, I mean like a experienced counsellor in a mental health centre, and I didn't know why I was going really I thought this was just a faze I would get over like it was a teenage thing, then I would look back on it and think, well that was crazy, I have been seeing her for 5 years now and I am happy that I started going and finally got diagnosed, because if you don't know the feeling its like, the world if falling in on you and nothing makes sense, so you are sad and angry, but as soon as somebody says to you, we have diagnosed you with bipolar, it feels like a wait is off of your shoulders and you feel a sense of normalization.

But I just want to know if you have any questions, or of you have any of you stories or anything that you were wondering about bipolar I would like to know?
Also I know that some people say bipolar as if it means crazy but it doesn't, so if someone has ever said to you about being crazy because of bipolar, or your have said it to someone else, please don't they have enough things in their mind to thing about without people making fun of them, so just be normal because all they are trying to do id live a normal life too.
I hope I will get some replies or questions and thanks for reading :)

·
Hopeful & Strong : )
174 Posts
:wels Welcome shanncc333, I can definitely relate to your feeling of relief after being diagnosed. When I was first diagnosed with social anxiety, it made me feel better to know that there was actually a name for what I was going through, which also meant that other people had experienced it as well and that it could be treated. I don't have bipolar disorder, but there are other people here who do and I am sure they can definitely relate to some of your experiences. You are definitely not crazy because you have bipolar disorder. You are just suffering with an illness just like all of the rest of us on this site. I hope you feel at home here.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Welcometo the forum. I am bu-polar too and you will find that many on this site share in our diagnosis. You are definitely not alone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying and I do feel at home here and I am happy that people can relate and also if you or anybody else has questions I would love to help, thanks for the lovely replies.
Princess14 hi, I also have social anxiety and I understand what you went through, it can get really hard not leaving your room and not even wanting to answer the phone in case you get invited out somewhere but I would love to get to know you and how your coping maybe get some tips :) thanks xxx

·
Hopeful & Strong : )
174 Posts
Thanks for replying and I do feel at home here and I am happy that people can relate and also if you or anybody else has questions I would love to help, thanks for the lovely replies.
Princess14 hi, I also have social anxiety and I understand what you went through, it can get really hard not leaving your room and not even wanting to answer the phone in case you get invited out somewhere but I would love to get to know you and how your coping maybe get some tips :) thanks xxx
Sure thing, feel free to PM me :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
One of my exes was diagnosed bipolar, got put on lithium, and now he acts like he's gone absolutely mad. Actually, both of the people I know who take lithium acted crazier after they were put on it..very strange. I used to think I was bipolar when I was young but then I realized it was just some extra teenage angst.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dementedfuschia
I understand what you mean I am on lithium and it does make people seem different, without knowing it myself, people would say how hyped up I was how energetic I was, but to me everything felt normal, but without that even for a day, I would stay in my room and cry not want to talk to anyone or even see anyone, you dont feel happy or sad or angry, you feel nothing, so really would you rather someone be up and happy or them not wanting you to talk or even see them for days on end.
I know its hard to understand and its hard to explain as well, but I would love to answer any questions you or anyone has about this. Thanks :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Shannc333! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts