Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FashioNigsta
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to write down some really important thoughts on my blog before I forget them and/or lose motivation. I haven't updated my blog in exactly 1 year (and still, 5 of the most popular posts get something like 1k views a month).

As if, I'm an average writer at best. So without having written anything remotely serious in so long I can't seem to like anything I write. I was thinking about binge reading good authors for a week or so before I start writing so I get in the writing vibe. Has anyone done this before? What are some (recent, or not) books written from a casual first person point of view? What are some books with interesting character commentary? I'm a big fan of Franz Kafka, Julio Verne, Philip K. Dick, and Tennessee Williams. I'm willing to try anything that is good as long as it's interesting. Any suggestions

·
Maybe?
2,598 Posts
If you're writing blog posts, a better idea might be to look at successful blogs for some examples of how they approach their subjects and their formatting. Small changes can make big difference in motivation.

Writing style can be improved a little through reading to help you decide what you do and don't like, but it's not going to "charge" you up or anything outside of a placebo effect. Writing is typically hard work, not a sudden burst of inspiration (the good stuff, anyway, there's plenty of fiction online so magnificently inspired it needed neither revision nor editing...).

Why don't you like anything you write?

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,154 Posts
I'm not sure binge reading for a short time will help but if you consistently read over a long period of time you should notice the effects it has on your brain and writing.

Also if you're writing a blog as Kind Of pointed out it would probably be more useful to look at other well written blogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts