Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cheese.
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that food is my comfort. But it's crossed the line. Last night, I came to the realization that I'm binge eating. Eating so much junk food, even after I'm full. I keep convincing myself that tomorrow I'll exercise and diet. So I over indulge on soooo many things, to the point where I know I'll be gaining even more weight.

I did my exercise and haven't been eating junk food... but I'm still upset that I do that... Anyone out there that is going through this or has overcame it? :sigh

·
Registered
12 Posts
All I can say is that I relate with you 100%, miss. I've had this problem since I was in 4th grade. Countless times have I eaten food, horrible food mind you, just for comfort ; not because I was hungry. I'm not overweight, but I am a bit chubby. I get into the habit of exercising for maybe about 4 weeks at a time at most, and then fall back into the same pattern of binge eating. It's usually when I don't have an appetite, that I'm the most dangerous with food. It's as if my body is senseless, and I could just eat for days if I wanted.

So yes, I relate with you. I'm currently trying to overcome it. I'm with you.

·
Avernus
791 Posts
Yeah, I have a serious problem with food. I just binged on a bunch of things I told myself I'd never eat anymore, and am trying to stay in my seat so I don't go eat more or do something worse.

I purge, too...but not very often. Certainly not often enough to prevent the weight gain that comes with bingeing.

It helps to exercise whether you've changed you're eating habits or not. I just want to say that...because exercise is a natural appetite suppressant, and even though I'm sure you're not eating just because you're hungry, it can also lessen the desire to some degree.

·
Registered
388 Posts
i have the opposite problem. i'm worried about losing weight, so i try to keep eating more....but it's hard to find food appetizing sometimes. i wish there was a pill you could take so you don't have to waste time eating.

.....am i a rare person for thinking this? >_>

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah, that's me. I would eat even after being full and (just like you said) I would eat a bunch of food if I tell myself that i will start to diet soon. Sometimes, if I have a bad day of dieting or something like that, I will tell myself that is okay to eat like a fatty the next day since I already messed up. The good thing is that I stopped doing that, I started to work-out over a month ago but it was so hard to start, it took me months of me saying "i'll start my diet tomorrow". =/

I just love food and I used it when I need a small pick me up. Even if I end up feeling horrible afterward lol.

·
Cheese.
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hamster: You're not a rare person for thinking that lol. I have a couple of friends who are trying to gain weight, and I'm not talking about just a few pounds lol.

Arelcs: Thank you. It helps to know I'm not the only one struggling with this. :hs

Luctus: Can you believe that I get sleepy while exercising? Lol it's the strangest thing. Most people say they feel a burst of energy, and I get stuck with a lousy sleeping feeling. Regardless, I do agree that it's better to incorporate exercise into my life, period.

Monique: Stay strong :squeeze It's hard, but I think that with the right support, we can overcome this. I need that person there to stop my though lol.

Vash: Oh gosh! lol I messed up my 'diet'. I've pulled an all nighter so that I can go exercise in about an hour... or else, I won't wake up. It's safe to say it IS hard staying committed. I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you all for replying, it's really helped :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.