Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Now I see where he gets his attitude. I can't stand his viewpoints, but this video made sense. This is the side of him I would rather see - he's more real like this.

·
Patron St. of Mediocrity
3,188 Posts
Bill Maher is really funny, because most of what he says is true.

Well done Bill, well done.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I like Bill Maher, even though I disagree with many of his views. I used to be a regular viewer of "Politically Incorrect" back in the day.

I have to disagree when he says that cutting someone out of a group is a worse form of bullying than the physical type.

I've been "cut out of groups" in the past because of my SA, in the sense of not being invited to parties, etc. , that almost everyone else at work was invited to. I didn't consider that bullying, and I didn't blame the others, because I knew SA made me a boring/unpleasant person to be around; and they treated me ok at work. I'd have rather had it that way than get a pity invite.

In any case it was much less painful than getting beat up.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
Haha Ive heard of him but I couldn't remember if he was liberal or conservative. Saw MMs post, so Im going with liberal. I don't really know anything about him though, but this was a really nice video. I know I had that happen to me for a lot of my childhood and it really does scar people.

I think I might steal this and post it on facebook.

·
Permanently ******
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I see where he gets his attitude. I can't stand his viewpoints, but this video made sense. This is the side of him I would rather see - he's more real like this.
And not to turn this into a debate, but I believe his views accurately encompass the wider reality that conservatives tend to minimize, ignore or manipulate. IMO, he's among the most - if not the most - 'real' popular commentators. He always seems to speak exactly as he thinks and he's conscientious of the people, yet always stays on the level, something some of the far left tend to be incapable of. If I were in America and he was running, he would most likely have my vote.

·
still delicious
3,038 Posts
I thought this guy was only capable of being an obnoxious a**, but it's a very lovely message. I think I'm going to add it to my favorites.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts