Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've ever seen the biggest loser reality tv show. There is "Bob, Gillian. Here in Australia we have biggest loser with Michelle Bridges, Shannon Ponton and the Commando and he is one hell of a scarey dude.
He trains his team combat style, boot camp style, through mud water and dirt.

I rejoined my gym for 12 months with a bonus 4 months attached for $ 500 and they changed up this special and anyone who paid this, can have a free workout with the Commando himself. It was a huge promotion to get gym member numbers up.
Now I am ****ting bricks, just thinking about it,but I think I am in, it would be interesting to see, but I might just try really hard to be incognito and if the going gets too tough I may just sneek out the door. I am hoping there are too many people for him to say, "Where do you think you're going? He is very scary on the tv, so I dont know how any of this will go.
I am a gym member and go 3 to 4 times a week and am reasonably fit, but not extremely.

What have I go into:eek:

1,934 Posts
If you've ever seen the biggest loser reality tv show. There is "Bob, Gillian. Here in Australia we have biggest loser with Michelle Bridges, Shannon Ponton and the Commando and he is one hell of a scarey dude.
He trains his team combat style, boot camp style, through mud water and dirt.

I rejoined my gym for 12 months with a bonus 4 months attached for $ 500 and they changed up this special and anyone who paid this, can have a free workout with the Commando himself. It was a huge promotion to get gym member numbers up.
Now I am ****ting bricks, just thinking about it,but I think I am in, it would be interesting to see, but I might just try really hard to be incognito and if the going gets too tough I may just sneek out the door. I am hoping there are too many people for him to say, "Where do you think you're going? He is very scary on the tv, so I dont know how any of this will go.
I am a gym member and go 3 to 4 times a week and am reasonably fit, but not extremely.

What have I go into:eek:
I would just be nervous to meet Bob or Jillian (from the U.S.) because in watching the show, I've sort of become a fan of theirs, and I am nervous to meet anyone I'm a fan of.

I don't think I could stand to have either of them be my trainer. lol. I'd be so embarrassed.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I would just be nervous to meet Bob or Jillian (from the U.S.) because in watching the show, I've sort of become a fan of theirs, and I am nervous to meet anyone I'm a fan of.

I don't think I could stand to have either of them be my trainer. lol. I'd be so embarrassed.
The environment I was in was familiar 4 times a week for me, so that made it do-able. I did the workout yesteday (Saturday) it was a lot of fun and could not believe I was in the same room with him with 30 other poeple going through workout stations with partners, for 1hour and 50 mins.

The fact that I was busy working out, made me less anxious, standing still gawking at a tv celebrity would have freaked me out and there were those times when he was teaching proper squat form to all of us at once and all we could do was gawk. He went around to each partner team encouraging and motivational and correcting form.

He has an amazing presence about him. He is extremely buff and toned. Never seen anybody in this physical condition in real life, till yesterday.

He stood 1ft away from me and asked me if I was enjoying the workout.
Very motivational I have to say and surreal.

I think you could do it. I didnt think I could, but I pushed through, sometimes you push through, no matter how you feel before hand, and I always had in my mind, if there was something I didnt like, I would have made my exit, no one would have missed me or noticed, all eyes were on "Commando, Steve"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.