Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I want to share with you all one of the most stressful days of my life. On Tuesday, I drove to and from Chicago during rush hour for the very first time. When I drive on the expressway, I get anxiety attacks. I had one so bad on the way home that I pulled over for a few minutes. I went to Chicago because I had a job interview with an in-home tutoring company. From my fiancé's place, I took the CTA to the Brown Line subway stop going to the Loop. I had never taken the Brown Line. Many people on the bus and on the train :afr. The more people that got on the train, the more tense I became. I managed doing those things too. Fortunately, no anxiety attacks then.

My job interview was in the downtown area. I had to walk a few minutes after the subway ride to the building. Again, I felt self-conscious with all of the people walking around and intimidated by the people in suits and ties. It's like: "Am I underdressed?" Then I get to the building, and the receptionist asked me: "Are you relaxed?" I said: "No." He said: "I can tell." That made me more anxious. He told me to take deep breaths and assured me I would do well in the interview. I think the interview went well. It felt like more of a casual conversation than a typical interview. I hope to hear from them soon :).

On my way back to my fiancé's place, I had a conversation with one of the bus passengers. He greeted everyone in his proximity, but I decided to continue the conversation. We were talking about our love for México. Viva México! we said :teeth. When I got back to my fiancé's place, I took a little break and then picked him up from work to go to lunch. He was directing my driving around Cicero; teaching me how to be more aggressive.

My fiancé was so proud of me and so am I :yay! In nine more days, I'm going to be moving out to Chicago. Talk about exposure therapy :lol!

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
Wow, awesome!!!!!!!! Must feel very accomplishing to face so many fears in a single morning and make it through them all with a positive outcome. Well done!!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Yes! Congratulations! :boogie :boogie :boogie

·
Jedi Consular
63 Posts

Exposure is great!! Awesome you got through it all in a single day, and you did it with one swell swoop!! Did it feel empowering to face it?:D

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Congrats!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts