Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to expand on my hobby and try to find a career as an MMA fighter...
I am going to go to the US soon (Texas) in order to train there. But there are problems. I can go now but no family will go with me and there is no time to clear my papers to convert my driver's license over there, so I will have to wait half a year to get my license there. If I delay my flight 8 more months, I will have my license and my family can go with me to help me get settled and stuff.
The thing is.. I feel like I'm at the peak of my SA and there are a lot of holidays coming up (christmas etc) so I really wanna get out of here before they come up and I would have to do a lot of interactions with relatives (entering a room with seated people is my biggest fear), and I feel like if I go to the US I will get better since I will be forced into SA-straining situations without bearing guilt because ppl don't know me there so I don't care if they judge.

So should I go now and lose my family's temporary company (the headstart they'll give me) and the license for now? Or should I suffer for 8months then go? I know those 8 months wont give me practice because when I try to face my fears, I face them and then regret it and fear them more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
This situation would be tricky for me as I would not even consider leaving my country. :no But, I say go all out. Come to US. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
332 Posts
So I decided to expand on my hobby and try to find a career as an MMA fighter...
I am going to go to the US soon (Texas) in order to train there. But there are problems. I can go now but no family will go with me and there is no time to clear my papers to convert my driver's license over there, so I will have to wait half a year to get my license there. If I delay my flight 8 more months, I will have my license and my family can go with me to help me get settled and stuff.
The thing is.. I feel like I'm at the peak of my SA and there are a lot of holidays coming up (christmas etc) so I really wanna get out of here before they come up and I would have to do a lot of interactions with relatives (entering a room with seated people is my biggest fear), and I feel like if I go to the US I will get better since I will be forced into SA-straining situations without bearing guilt because ppl don't know me there so I don't care if they judge.

So should I go now and lose my family's temporary company (the headstart they'll give me) and the license for now? Or should I suffer for 8months then go? I know those 8 months wont give me practice because when I try to face my fears, I face them and then regret it and fear them more.
there is no tommorow

time waits for nobody

you cannot delay for 8 months. you dont have that luxury cos there is no tomorow. during those 8 months you could break your arm and not be able to make it in mma. you might not even be alive in 8 months
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top