Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the word of god it says... "as a man think in his heart, so is he"....

We all think in our head that we have social anxiety..But no believes in their heart that they actually have social anxiety.. Just things that may have happen in the past... so let us think with our heart and not our heads..peace

·
Registered
82 Posts
In the word of god it says... "as a man think in his heart, so is he"....
Thanks for posting this verse. I did a google and found it in Proverbs 23:7. I think the concept is a great truth. I found something similar from a Greek philosopher Heraclitus:
"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny ... it is the light that guides your way."

This concept is actually one of the reasons I became religious. I was able to overcome SA through cbt which is basically changing unrealistic thoughts to more positive realistic ones. So, I thought this might apply to other areas of my life. I read a book called 'Think and Grow Rich' and looked into 'The Secret'. I worked on some of the principles and it really worked. The main problem was deciding to become. Do I want to become what the books and society tell me become...rich, famous, admired? I didnt think that was the right path, so I turned to Christ. This verse in Proverbs and the ones before and after it confirms that I chose the correct path. 23:4 Labor not be rich. 23:12 Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.

Sorry to blab on about myself, but I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Its really cool to see a similar concept in the Bible and also answer the question of what to become.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts