Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm re-acquainting myself with church after a few years of not going. I never was well versed detail wise in the Bible to begin with. My mom never took us to church when we were young and the confirmation process for me was basically a 4 hour crash course.

I really want to learn the Bible and am looking for a good Bible self-study program. Does anyone have a recommendation they would be willing to provide?

This week I bought a Treasury of Daily Prayer book and will probably get the Lutheran Study Bible when that comes out in October.

Thank you!

·
Banned
115 Posts
I find that multiple translations of the Bible can put a better perspective on the aspects I dont understand.

I have always just read the NIV of the Bible and for the most part, it makes perfect sense to me and most consider it the easiest to understand. The only book I really have trouble following is Revelation.

I would urge you to read all of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John if you haven't already. I was a Christian in name only and when I decided to become a true Christian these are the books that I started on.

I had of course read snippets of each but reading the Books in chronological order totally changed my perspective on what it is to be Christian.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to download an ESV version of the Bible onto my Kindle for free. I'm currently trying to read from page one. Let's see how well that goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts