Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Reminds me of back in the '90s when there was a product called Hot Stuff that was laced with anabol or dianabol. Good times.

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
Hey OP,

thanks for posting this. It doesn't surprise me at all, that Bodybuilding.com is the distributor.:blank

I used to buy this supplement "stack" from them religously. It was from none other than "Muscle Tech" the makers of Hydroxy-cut that's changed it's "natural" ingredients several times over the years - every time they've been caught.

That "Muscle Stack" had 2 bottles you had to take. 2 pills in the a.m., 2 in the afternoon before the work out.

It was steroids. I grew thick facial hair, cystic acne, my hair started falling out, my voice became gritty (Like Demi Moore's did when she did G.I.Jane), and i had this "edginess" that was hard to control around my co-workers.

One night instead of punching out my supervisor, i walked off a job in Las Vegas, NV.

It was over something insignificant. People would smile at me in the halls, but because of that "Muscle Stack", i swore they were "smirking"..:eek:

i came back to work the next day, no one said a word about me walking off. Mainly because the supervisor made several people walk off in the past.

It was only AFTER i finished my assignment there, and saw a "recall" on the supplement that i realized - i was inadvertently taking steroids.

Muscle tech claimed when they were busted that it was "actually a pre-cursor" to steroids.

Well, that's like saying, "i'm not pregnant, i'm having a "precursor" to being pregnant".. :blank

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey OP,

thanks for posting this. It doesn't surprise me at all, that Bodybuilding.com is the distributor.:blank

I used to buy this supplement "stack" from them religously. It was from none other than "Muscle Tech" the makers of Hydroxy-cut that's changed it's "natural" ingredients several times over the years - every time they've been caught.

That "Muscle Stack" had 2 bottles you had to take. 2 pills in the a.m., 2 in the afternoon before the work out.

It was steroids. I grew thick facial hair, cystic acne, my hair started falling out, my voice became gritty (Like Demi Moore's did when she did G.I.Jane), and i had this "edginess" that was hard to control around my co-workers.

One night instead of punching out my supervisor, i walked off a job in Las Vegas, NV.

It was over something insignificant. People would smile at me in the halls, but because of that "Muscle Stack", i swore they were "smirking"..:eek:

i came back to work the next day, no one said a word about me walking off. Mainly because the supervisor made several people walk off in the past.

It was only AFTER i finished my assignment there, and saw a "recall" on the supplement that i realized - i was inadvertently taking steroids.

Muscle tech claimed when they were busted that it was "actually a pre-cursor" to steroids.

Well, that's like saying, "i'm not pregnant, i'm having a "precursor" to being pregnant".. :blank
Thanks for sharing, are you doing ok now?

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
and this me afterwards..

after 2 years, the facial hair is juuuust about gone..

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and this me afterwards..

after 2 years, the facial hair is juuuust about gone..

But the first pic was just a grown out beard. And the second was about a 4 day stubble. Lol. If it doesn't go away I'm sure you can get laser surgery or something.

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
^^lol, I swear I had a steroid supplement product 2, I found it out it later got banned, I was taking it when I was 16, I was hoping to get more, It was nulife Creatbolic ultra XP or something like that back in 2002-2004ish,

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
But the first pic was just a grown out beard. And the second was about a 4 day stubble. Lol. If it doesn't go away I'm sure you can get laser surgery or something.
I'm still working on it.. years later.. it won't go away:eek:

:lol

·
Always Trying To Improve
100 Posts
Wouldn't you just research what you're actually putting into your body? I religiously check all my supplements for products that I can't use like dimethylamylamine or dinitrophenol. Most supplements are amino acid based anyway.

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
Wouldn't you just research what you're actually putting into your body? I religiously check all my supplements for products that I can't use like dimethylamylamine or dinitrophenol. Most supplements are amino acid based anyway.
back in those days, Stagg, they used to get away with this very strange phrase without having to list the ingredients. It was known as:

Proprietary Blend

Before the FDA started investigating... well that was after several "high profile" athletes died from abusing "Muscle Techs" products, they didn't have to list the ingredients under that title.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
back in those days, Stagg, they used to get away with this very strange phrase without having to list the ingredients. It was known as:

Proprietary Blend

Before the FDA started investigating... well that was after several "high profile" athletes died from abusing "Muscle Techs" products, they didn't have to list the ingredients under that title.
Ridiculous post. Which athletes died from their products? The only deaths I've heard of are those few from ephedra. The only dangers you'll find from MuscleTech products are their marketing.

·
Always Trying To Improve
100 Posts

Proprietary Blend

So why should we avoid supplements because of what they USED to do

Its all hype to the max. I am a regular tested natural but I know people who use steroids and they're not nearly as dangerous as the internet makes them out to be.

In the wrong hands it's a pretty stupid thing to have. But so is a car, alcohol, cigarettes, a gun, a child etc.

Supplements won't cause adverse side effects. The worst side effect I ever had from taking too much creatine one day was I retained water like crazy and was bloated. Oh and too much protein powder will just give you the runs

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
Ridiculous post. Which athletes died from their products? The only deaths I've heard of are those few from ephedra. The only dangers you'll find from MuscleTech products are their marketing.
ummm. Nubly that's what i was referring to...Hydroxycut (ephedra) which was a very famous Muscle tech product which the athletes abused and died - try doing your research before making another damn fool of yourself, Nubly.

seriously??

oh, crap.. you're taking steroids right? i almost forgot..no wonder..

carry on.

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
So why should we avoid supplements because of what they USED to do

Its all hype to the max. I am a regular tested natural but I know people who use steroids and they're not nearly as dangerous as the internet makes them out to be.

In the wrong hands it's a pretty stupid thing to have. But so is a car, alcohol, cigarettes, a gun, a child etc.

Supplements won't cause adverse side effects. The worst side effect I ever had from taking too much creatine one day was I retained water like crazy and was bloated. Oh and too much protein powder will just give you the runs
well stagg.. it's because i'm an ex sports model..way ahead of your time. we didn't have internet to give us all of this information. You speaking to me as if i'm as young as you are - whereas actually, i'm old enough to be your great grandmother - and still look your age.:|

and history helps us, and well as gives us something to bring forward. I'm also an ex bodybuilder.. There was a lot of ignorance that went with taking steroids - all we had was what our coaches told us.

I qualified for the nationals naturally.

You're knowledgeable but you're talking to some of us who are much more experienced - and far more humble than you are, obviously.. just take what you need from what we learned.. Now i've never come in and crapped on your posts..

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
ummm. Nubly that's what i was referring to...Hydroxycut (ephedra) which was a very famous Muscle tech product which the athletes abused and died - try doing your research before making another damn fool of yourself, Nubly.

seriously??

oh, crap.. you're taking steroids right? i almost forgot..no wonder..

carry on.
Well you said MuscleTech products. When you add an S to s word it will mean more than one. And Hydroxycut is just one product.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts