Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had 2 drinks and forgot that i took dexedrine, feeling kinda crappy 3 hours later. im going to a party in a few hours and want to feel fresh and not so blank, does anyone have tips? i feel really burned out.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drink orange juice or take magnesium glycinate or any other form of highly absorbed magnesium.

then take a short nap
is the nap really necessary? i still feel awake, don't think i could sleep and if i did i won't be waking up for ages haha. i sleep way too deep. i'll find some magnesium and see if i got orange juice, thank you :) by the way, what do they do to help?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
haha don't know the exact mechanisms through which they work. pretty sure you heard if you take something like magnesium glycinate, it helps keep tolerance from increasing. but you can't take it at the same time you need adderall or another stimulant to be working, cause if you do, it totally takes away the effects or minimizes them lol. So usually people recommend taking it at night time.

I took it one time when I wanted to just end the high focus/wakefulness that adderall gives me cause I needed to go to sleep early. I took 100mg magnesium and my focus was complete crap lol and I think this no more than 3 hours of taking the addy.

OJ reduces the effects of adderall, something about vitamin c which I've read about on other forums. But yeah, vitamin c and other acidic foods/drinks will reduce the effectiveness of adderall. So sometimes people use OJ to either eliminate the effects of addy or to help with comedown (read it's not good to put your body through this often though).

Never tried the OJ, but I have used magnesium to help eliminate a slight headache I've had or extreme tiredness that I sometimes get from the come down (can't take more than 100mg for me cause then I get way too drowsy/sleepy), but it feels like it wipes away the comedown effects.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha don't know the exact mechanisms through which they work. pretty sure you heard if you take something like magnesium glycinate, it helps keep tolerance from increasing. but you can't take it at the same time you need adderall or another stimulant to be working, cause if you do, it totally takes away the effects or minimizes them lol. So usually people recommend taking it at night time.

I took it one time when I wanted to just end the high focus/wakefulness that adderall gives me cause I needed to go to sleep early. I took 100mg magnesium and my focus was complete crap lol and I think this no more than 3 hours of taking the addy.

OJ reduces the effects of adderall, something about vitamin c which I've read about on other forums. But yeah, vitamin c and other acidic foods/drinks will reduce the effectiveness of adderall. So sometimes people use OJ to either eliminate the effects of addy or to help with comedown (read it's not good to put your body through this often though).

Never tried the OJ, but I have used magnesium to help eliminate a slight headache I've had or extreme tiredness that I sometimes get from the come down (can't take more than 100mg for me cause then I get way too drowsy/sleepy), but it feels like it wipes away the comedown effects.
thanks man, i appreciate all the info :)
will try it next time

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
A benzodiazepine, small to moderate dose.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
^
Thats one reason to keep benzos in your medicine cabinate. Thats a perfect prn use for one, again I emphasize prn.

·
Registered
552 Posts
interesting. what exactly will it do to my comedown? how do i know its gonna work haha are there any other good uses for it?

It normalizes glutamate and neurotransmitter release back to normal control values. It counters hypertension and lowers BP and anxiety. It restores antioxidant potential and prevents any damage done before or after stimulant use. Its been shown to attenuate the damage and part of the hangover of alcohol as well. There are many many anecodotal reports of how well it works.

try it yourself at 2g. Your loss if you don't try it. Search the net or pubmed if your curious about its mechanism of action. i really dont feel like wasting 30 minutes summarizing it for you.

Let me just say it always lowered my stim comedowns by 50% or so, and combined with other things it was great. Its no miracle it wont make it go away 100%, but it is a solid choice as it has evidence in several comedowns.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It normalizes glutamate and neurotransmitter release back to normal control values. It counters hypertension and lowers BP and anxiety. It restores antioxidant potential and prevents any damage done before or after stimulant use. Its been shown to attenuate the damage and part of the hangover of alcohol as well. There are many many anecodotal reports of how well it works.

try it yourself at 2g. Your loss if you don't try it. Search the net or pubmed if your curious about its mechanism of action. i really dont feel like wasting 30 minutes summarizing it for you.

Let me just say it always lowered my stim comedowns by 50% or so, and combined with other things it was great. Its no miracle it wont make it go away 100%, but it is a solid choice as it has evidence in several comedowns.
wow thats great man, im gonna check this out
thank you heaps!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.