Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the threads in this forum, and I noticed that there are a lot of topics focusing on the negative aspects of being a student with s.a., which is obviously important because venting about stuff helps a lot. Still, I feel like we could do with a bit of positivity. =]

I really enjoy most of my classes. They're challenging, interesting, and I feel like I am developing thanks to the influx of information. I also enjoy walks in the cemetary behind the college campus, and I really, really enjoy being on a women's frisbee team, which has really kept me from hitting rock bottom a few times this year. I am especially glad to be free of my parents.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I'd say meeting some incredible professors in my three years so far at college. Really inspiring characters.
I also loved living in a dorm for two years (got kicked out this year due to housing crunch with rest of juniors).
Loved being in the university boxing club too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had more positive college experiences than bad. There were many professors that I liked. Not only were they very smart and good teachers but many made me laugh. The professors as well as some of the students have probably been some of the most interesting people I will ever meet. I enjoyed sitting in the back (or close to the back) and listening to the lectures and observing people.

I was even a member of a college club. I didn't participate much in the extra activities but I quietly went to the meetings. It gave me a feeling of some belonging.

·
Shift Happens
454 Posts
some of the staff in my biology department we're really friendly and easy to get along with. Whenever i needed to ask a question they were there and they also remembered my name. Even though i dreaded going to labs, i always met someone in the lab who was willing to be my partner and developed a pretty good bond/friendship with them. I guess i'm better at dealing with people in a 1 to 1 setting than a group setting.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep I'm same as bbarn, I enjoy getting to know people on a 1 to 1 basis. My best experiences as a student was getting to know friends whose companies I enjoyed greatly, I'm no longer in touch with them anymore though :( Of course this was some years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts