Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
cardio! any muscle conditioning will just build muscle mass. Walking is the best exercise for weight loss! Keeps you in your target rate heart for calorie burning, whereas running etc gets your heart rate too high and you start to move into aerobic conditioning

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
burpees are pretty good for this if you only have limited space and cannot run outside.

Wow, she looks really young/different there. I have a couple of friends really into BodyRock but some if it looks intense. With HIIT I worry about losing form and hurting myself by doing it wrong. : / Er, if you're competing with yourself that is to beat your times.

·
Registered
649 Posts
What really works for me is to do a lot of walking, especially up hill. I dropped like 5 pounds in 2 months by doing that alone. As food goes, I think high protein and a low carb diet works best.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Let us know how the burpees go. Lol they're easier than they look, don't over do it the first time with whatever exercise you decide to do cause then you will end up too sore and won't be able to work out the next day.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
Keep in mind that walking 1 hour a day will do almost nothing. one hour of walking = 250 -300 calories.

That means that if you keep your diet the same you will lose 2-3 lbs a month if you walk an hour a day consistently

Walk 2 hours, you double that amount.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
cardio! any muscle conditioning will just build muscle mass. Walking is the best exercise for weight loss! Keeps you in your target rate heart for calorie burning, whereas running etc gets your heart rate too high and you start to move into aerobic conditioning
thanks for posting, but I don't understand??

·
FAILURE
618 Posts
I'm trying to lose about 18lbs more the burpee exercise seems to be pointing me in the right direction, gives me something to do when not at the gym. I just have one question... anyone have any ideas how many calories does 50 burpees burn in a day?

·
Reposed in awesomeness...
2,278 Posts
I'm trying to lose about 18lbs more the burpee exercise seems to be pointing me in the right direction give me something to do when not at the gym. I just have one question... anyone have any ideas how many calories does 50 burpees burn in a day?
These exercises don't burn of that many calories but if you do them regularly(45 minutes 3 times per week) your overall metabolism will increase. So you will burn of more calories when you are resting too.

·
FAILURE
618 Posts
I planned on doing the exercise (burpee) everyday, I feel its redundant to do the others since the burpee hits all those spots anyway. I forgot to put into account the metabolism increase though i don't think it would increase mine by that much since I generally jog and bike for 30mins 3 times a week. hmmm.... guess I'll just have to catalog my weight the coming weeks. thanks

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Man, I tried that burpee exercise, and it kicked my ***!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.