Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I tried Xanax all the way up to 5mg but it only took away about 30% of my anxiety. I then tried Clonazepam 2mg but it just made me lazy and did nothing for my anxiety. I plan to try: Lorazepam, Nitrazepam and Estazolam and no I'm not getting them through my doctor. If you have any experience on this topic please help me.

Grimble

·
Registered
480 Posts
Xanax and klonopin seem to be the prevailing winners amongst
sas users.

I have had extensive experience with both and I prefer neither. Both are great drugs. Xanax moreso for panic attacks and klonopin for those who need all day relief.

Im curious as to if you have a tolerance to benzos? Because 5mg of xanax should do something to you, as should 2mg klonopin. You could also try ativan as some people use it. It is not as potent as xanax or klonopin and at least for me caused significant memory loss.

I should also note that benzo's will not take away 100% of social anxiety. At best they have eliminated 70-80% of anxiety at std dosages for myself.

·
Benzo Hater
202 Posts
5 mg of Xanax is a pretty high dose. If it didn't do anything for you and neither did Klonopin, I doubt it's going to work for you. They are terrible drugs anyway in the long run.

You should only use them as a last resort and just do your research and be informed of the potential dangers. I wish I never took them and many others feel the same way.

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
Valium (Diazepam). Takes about %70 of the anxiety off.
It Won't make you social though, Just completely anxiety & worry free.

Good luck finding a doctor that will prescribe it for long time use though :(

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts
Clonazepam imo.

·
Clandestine Inc
41 Posts
I take 1mg klonopin twice a day. It works decently for me.
Ativan is terrible and makes me feel like a zombie and not relaxed just burnt/tired
Xanax is too intoxicating, then comes tolerance/short duration..not a good choice
Diazepam (valium) is the other one i'd pick. For me about 30mg daily felt reeeeallly good and I was carefree and relaxed for a long time

So basically Klonopin (prolly .5mg twice daily) or Valium (10mg twice daily) would be good for a newbie to benzos with social anxiety

other candidates i've tried. Etizolam, a chemically related structure, was an intermediate acting very mellow enjoyable benzo-like drug. good for all anxiety imo
Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol) I love date raping myself. Seriously, after taking a few doses, roofies become more balanced and really feel like the best most enjoyable benzo, does wonders for anxiety. The knock you on your *** effect fades after a few days

1 - 13 of 13 Posts