Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time just doing basic stuff like eating, taking my meds and sleeping right now. So this is meant to be my motivation, or something.

Anyone's welcome to come in and join!

(Must do) Goals for tomorrow:
Eat a proper breakfast
Sleep for 8 hrs
Do the housework
Take my meds

Some other things I probably should do, but there is no urgency:
Run
Finish my assignment
Send TAFE enquiry

·
Banned
2,519 Posts
Sounds like a pretty healthy schedule. Sometimes it's hard to get into a routine to keep your life structured, so doing this is a great idea. Good luck Berry.

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mojo. :) I almost called you Moju, which is my cat's name, hehe.

I think I slept for a little more than 8hrs last night. I felt really depressed when I woke up in the morning. I did a bit of running but mostly walking on the treadmill.

Didn't have breakfast..oops. I have had some of my meds for the day and some of the housework is done.

I'm feeling a little more clear headed and less muddled.

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the support Freeman!

I actually ate lunch today, so I guess that makes up for no breakfast. I've done most of my housework, just have to vacuum and mop, I'll do that tomorrow. I've seen off my assignment, which was meant to be 1000 words but ended up being 2000, hope that's okay...eek. I'm a little bit stressed about that so I think I'll just relax until I have to go to work.

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goals for tomorrow:
Sleep for 8hrs
Eat breakfast + lunch
Do the rest of the housework
Take meds

Non immediate goals:
Run
Send TAFE enquiry/inquiry...don't know which one, ha!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like that your goal list is short. I've started limiting my daily lists to 5 things. It seems to be working. Is your sleep goal to ramp up to 8 hours or to reduce to 8 hours? Just curious - sleep hygeine is on my list too. I haven't sleep well for 6 years.

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's good to hear that it's working for you WaterStone. I think if I'm just aiming for a few things it helps keep me focused. Having a lot of goals muddles and confuses me!

The sleep thing is a bit of both, sometimes I sleep too little, sometimes I sleep too much. About a week ago I fell asleep at around 11:44/12-ish and woke up at 8:00-8:30 which is what I'm aiming for again. I've had something come into my life lately that's stopping me from sleeping properly. Pretty much the whole reason I started this thread in the first place!

Good luck with sleep goals! A good sleep definitely makes a huge difference to how you approach your day.

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slept for about 8hrs, have had breakfast and lunch (don't feel bloated or sick or anything), done my housework...meds are half taken. I did some running. I'll probably shoot off that email to TAFE in a little while.

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sent off the enquiry..yep, I know it's enquiry now.

Goals for tomorrow:
Go to bed at 11 and get up at 8
Run
Don't talk to that person unless they talk first
Take meds
No binging...do something to distract myself when I get anxious like singing or knitting.

If I want to:
Do some writing

·
Registered
20 Posts
The sleep thing is a bit of both, sometimes I sleep too little, sometimes I sleep too much.
Good luck! I'm trying to create a new routine. At 9pm I stop whatever I'm doing and prepare for the next day. Set the coffee maker, brush my teeth, make a cup of hot milk and honey, then go to bed and read a book or look at stuff on the web until 10. I'm also making the bedroom more of a sanctuary - nice, clean sheets, no TV, and eventually, no electronics. Bedtime is when I feel my anxieties the most, so I have developed all kinds of bad habits to keep myself from thinking.

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've taken some of my meds. I had lunch but no breakfast.

I felt really ill before, I'm not sure why. I know from experience that starvation then eating tends to make things go straight through me, so it's probably that... A big warning that I should start taking better care of myself, eek.

I might write a blog entry soonish.

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Goals for tomorrow:
Get up at 8am
Do 30 minutes of cycling
Don't talk to that person unless they talk first
Take meds
Be mindful when eating!
Blog thoughts if necessary

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Since it's the weekend I'll just pretend this thread didn't exist for that time, heh.

Goals for tomorrow:
Eat mindfully
Go to bed on time and wake up on time
Progressive Muscle Relaxation
30 minutes on bike + Stretch
Blog if I have time

Study for two hours

SA Goal:
Go to a coffee place and buy a coffee before volunteering

Extra things to do at work:
Vacuum 3A kitchen, clean soap dispensers and paper towel holders in 3A

Looks like a lot but it isn't really. :b

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've pretty much done everything today. Didn't buy the coffee though, since I didn't have money out and taking money out took away all my before work time. I studied for 1.25 hours..catching up on the rest now.

Goals for tomorrow are the same + weight training and I have a naturopath appointment

Work goals:

Vacuum 3B Kitchens, scour 3A, same for yesterday in 3B

1 - 20 of 20 Posts