Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
K)one
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, tu put the things straigh up...

Been on every kind of SSRI, SNRI, blah blah, tryed every single benzo, and the things are something like this...

Only SSRI that give me some feedback was Seroxat and Lexapro, but throw the time along using them there was and Klonopin, the benzo that have done miracles for me...

I have stoped AD's 3 months ago, but spoke with my PDoc to stay on Klonopin, 3x1mg daily... It's fine with me, cause I haven't feel depressed a long time ago...

Anyway, i'm doing fine, Klonopin is working as it should, but here i am, asking my self what to do...

It's been 4 years using Klonopin in this dosage, and now I'm thinking should I discontinue the usage and go for SSRI to help withdrawal, or something else...

Really, I don't know where to start, do I need this drugs anymore, how should i approach to the whole thing...

Any input is well apriciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you are functioning well and are heading towards your goals, I think staying on the klonopin is fine for now. I think I would stay on the klonopin and start back on some other drug(s). If lexapro showed some improvement, I would get started back on that and running at a decent dose before I pull off on the klonopin.

I'm in a similar boat, I'm on 4mg of xanax xr a day. I'm thinking about tapering off of it, but I'm not sure I want to do it. I also take Prozac and Seroquel (to sleep). Xanax XR has been a miracle for me, but at the same time, I know it's getting to the point that I'm really pushing my tolerance and dependence with it. At the same time, I know that I am going to need it to get anywhere in life. I'm just worried I'm going to turn into a wreck when I get off of it.

Not much of a help, but I'm kind of in the same situation. Prozac "might" work a little for me, but I'm still looking for other options well relying on xanax to make it through the day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would not say that. Klonopin has helped a ton of people with social anxiety and is popular because it is long lasting. It doesn't hit as hard and knock you out like xanax, and it doesn't wear off as fast as it or valium. I've seen arguments though. People compare klonopin to valium in strength a lot. I've taken klonopin a couple months now and it greatly reduced my SA and even helped with my depression because my SA was part of me being depressed.

Now when I took 10mg of valium I did not get the same happy anxiety relief I got from my 0.5mg 2x daily klonopin but it did still help. I would say stick with the klonopin or taper off of it slowly because benzo withdraw can be very serious from what I've read and can make your past or current symptoms feel 10x worse.

Keep in mind that everyone is different and will react differently to certain drugs than others would.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts