Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had so many anxiety disorders for so long...

Hi folks...

Just to share a thought with you from my doctor. All anxiety medication includes one strong ingredient...belief in their ability to help you.

Whilst you believe in them - they will help. Just don`t muck about with medicine you have not been prescribed - end of sermon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well said, I have to say - very true. It's all about belief - if you think something will help and you believe strongly enough, then it will. However, if your belief is only half hearted, you will not get the results you are hoping for. My anxiety has improved greatly over the years, and just when I think all is good, then a bout gets me. So I analyse what's going on, which makes me feel the way I do. Right now, I am anxious about going to see my family for the christmas holidays. why? I Fear the same **** that has happened before will happen again. Fear is a big precursor to anxiety, one does not feel anxious when one is in a comfort zone, or regular routine, but once that comfort zone is gone, the fear and anxiety come into being. I am dealing with this uncomfortableness but telling myself "it's okay, don't stress, just go with the flow." I used to always go with the flow and experienced may wonderful and some not so wonderful things. Do you know what, now I am afraid to go with the flow! Maybe coz I am getting older and prefer things to be ordered and in routine. Who know, anyway it's a spinner.

Cheers
traxxy

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, WhatAnxiety! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey whatanxiety welcome. :hyper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts