Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what is hoping on, but I am taking it as a triumph. Normally people avoid and ignore me, but lately, people have been going out of their way to be nice to me. A couple of days ago an older woman I passed on the street said I had a beautiful smile. This morning I was walking on a 1/2 mile trail with my kids. The first time we passed a guy (looked to be in his late teens or early 20s) he had music playing from his phone. It was uncensored and had some profanity. The second time we passed him, the music was not on, and he apologized for the music from the first time we passed. I thought it was nice of him. I must be projecting a better vibe.

·
walking in circles
156 Posts
It made me smile to read your post. It feels amazing when strangers are kind and considerate. Maybe it's cause you're smiling at them, things change dramatically with a smile :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great! Its always nice when strangers are courteous to you. Whatever you are doing, keep it up. :)
It made me smile to read your post. It feels amazing when strangers are kind and considerate. Maybe it's cause you're smiling at them, things change dramatically with a smile :)
Thank you, both. I wish I knew what has suddenly made me so like-able to other people, but I'll take it. Today a cashier gave me a free ice cream cone. I had cash in my hand ready to pay and she waved me off and told me not to worry about it.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
I realize that when you have a smile on your face, you will seem approachable and people will be comfortable around you. I don't smile at all for no reason but about a few years ago, I remember a lady looked my way. I gave her a polite smile and she gave me a polite smile back and then I smiled and went up to the hostess so that I could be seated and she was extra friendly to me. When you look grouchy, of course no one is going to want to deal with you.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I realize that when you have a smile on your face, you will seem approachable and people will be comfortable around you. I don't smile at all for no reason but about a few years ago, I remember a lady looked my way. I gave her a polite smile and she gave me a polite smile back and then I smiled and went up to the hostess so that I could be seated and she was extra friendly to me. When you look grouchy, of course no one is going to want to deal with you.
That is true. I am working on looking friendlier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts