Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are womens clothes so much cheaper, more fashionable and have more variety than mens? It is just too easy to look good when you are a girl. To achieve and maintain excellence in appearance as a guy it takes so much more planning and effort. Life is just too cruel to men sometimes. :|

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have to admit, men don't have as much variety as women and it seems that women's clothing and shoes, etc. dominate the malls and most stores BUT let me tell you, and I bet other women will agree: we may have a lot to chose from, but let us find something we like and they almost NEVERRRRRR have it in our size or the color we want!!! :wife

....such an outrage :roll
This will fall on deaf ears with me sister. It's like a lottery winner complaining they only won the weekly draw instead of the powerball. Women have 10 times the options at a lower cost. Some people just complain about everything I guess. :bah

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
not only that, but we can also do that thing where we can remove our bras without removing our tops/shirts/blouses.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think women's clothing can be pretty expensive.Also, I've seen plenty of guys wear things way outside of the box and they make them look good...As long as you work it, you have plenty of options.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not only that, but we can also do that thing where we can remove our bras without removing our tops/shirts/blouses.
Yeah I can do that too though. It took countless hours of practice in high school. But I am reaping the benefits of that hard work now! :rub

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
yeah, but we're supposed to wear them, it's not a hobby.....

(I joke you, I kid you)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Please direct me to these cheap clothes.

And I thought men hated to go on shopping trips with us because we take so long to pick something out. We don't take that long because we can't make up our minds, it's because nothing fits like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think women's clothing can be pretty expensive.Also, I've seen plenty of guys wear things way outside of the box and they make them look good...As long as you work it, you have plenty of options.
The question is not whether I can work it, it's having limited options. I could just wear t shirts and jeans like everyone else but what's the fun in that? ;)

·
beech plees
1,290 Posts
Um, don't be. Guys can just wear a shirt and pants if they want and such, plus its hell to find accurate sizing when you're petite, especially in a country where retailers use vanity sizing as a marketing ploy. Women's sizes have blown up all over the place (maybe except for mainland Europe and Asia) when they should have remained the same since the 50s numerically. All this just to sell a few more dresses. You have no idea how many times I've tried to order something only to be totally misled/off the mark with the sizing here in the United States. I wish they'd standardize it more. From what guys tell me sizing isn't as hugely different/hit or miss with guy's clothes.

Also you can wear loose clothing no problem...if I wear something loose it looks like I'm draped in a curtain. Being a tiny female sucks.

If I could I'd rather be a guy. You can go shirtless if you like!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please direct me to these cheap clothes.

And I thought men hated to go on shopping trips with us because we take so long to pick something out. We don't take that long because we can't make up our minds, it's because nothing fits like it's supposed to.
H&M, Zara, Gap, Forever21, etc. Cheap, good selection, fashionable but iffy quality.

That is one SAD example of a woman!!!
I was trying to find a sexy picture of woman in a man's shirt and tie but they were too obscene.
...but I'll take your clothes too, thanks for the idea!!! :lol
Well I guess that's the difference between straight men and lesbian women. What I find attractive as a man might not fit your definition as a lesbian. Even though we both find women attractive. Funny how things like that work.

Btw, if you were to take my clothes just expect to come home to your wardrobe all stretched out and torn from me reacting scenes of the Incredible Hulk with them.

·
beech plees
1,290 Posts
H&M, Zara, Gap, Forever21, etc. Cheap, good selection, fashionable but iffy quality.
Zara and Topshop and H&M actually have done well quality-wise recently. I hate Forever21, stuff does look cheap and feel cheap. Mango's stuff used to be great but very recently their quality went all the way downhill. I've had a pair of slacks from there for something like eight years.

Doesn't Zara have a men's store? Or is that only in Europe and Asia?

Edit: NM. http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category/us/en/zara-us-W2011/128501/Man

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
A woman taught me how to clothes shop. For me I just start grabbing and forming outfits and then trying them on to see how good it looks. Then I take the clothing item, look at the tag and remember it so I can go online and find the same one but at a discounted rate. I feel sorry for women at times because they spend so much time trying to figure out what goes with what, and if they already have that same design or not.

I only get a bit annoyed when they start marginalizing clothing design choices. "Which looks better on me? The yellow dress without stripes, or the opaque yellow with 3/8th pinstripes? But then the yellow dress without stripes goes great with my new boots.......blah blah blah..."

1,934 Posts
Because there isn't anything wrong with being a lesbian, one, and two, it was a simple mistake.

:roll

1 - 20 of 50 Posts