Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am horrible at time management. Is anyone else on here the same way?

I don't know what to do. I thought about developing a timed schedule or a routine, as some people call it.

I was looking on the internet. There are some ways to do it. One was on a children's website. It suggested using a pie chart for every thirty minutes, but I don't know about that. There are many ways to develop a routine. Some websites suggested writing down everything, even down to brushing teeth and bathroom breaks. Now, to me that is quite strict. I personally am lazy and hate feeling like I'm being controlled, you know? I have tried making little routines for myself in the past, but they never seemed to work too much because I felt too controlled so I just quit. What about you guys?

I personally don't even know how to begin or where to start when it comes to time management. Really, I don't. I just...hate feeling like my whole day is planned out. The worst part is the disappointment I feel when things change and things don't go according to plan. That's the worse part. I don't know how to cope! Grr. Can someone give me some time management advice?

·
bill philbertson
404 Posts
I'va always had problems with being late. The main problem for me was I used to wait to the last minute to get everything ready, then if I couldn't find something, I would end up being late. There's sometimes an element of SA related procrastination also, where I will put off doing things due to anxiety.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am so bad at time management and really organization of all kinds. I realize this now... in fact, my family and some of my old friends Know me for this. They know that whenever they ask if i want to do something that i will always say "yeah maybe" or "let me think about it and get back to you" or "im not sure, remind me later" because i know that i am terrible with managing my time. I never know what is going to pop up that i forgot about or that i will have to do because of poor organization. Not the worst of issues, just kind of annoying though..

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Well what kind of goals do you want to achieve with managing time? Is it being punctual? Is it getting your work done on time? Is it just to organize your life together?

Think about what you really want to do. Get specific.

I'm actually quite a bit of a procrastinator but I'm not the type to have everything in absolute order. My mind functions better when there are different things going on at once because it feels like a huge adrenaline rush and I can bounce ideas off different projects and such. I try to make a to-do list, set up a calendar of important due dates (the month view so I can see everything in perspective)... that's kind of all I really do LOL.

I'm the kind of person who feels 'organized' even if there are things laying on the floor (not too much though) because I know where everything is. Too much order makes me feel a bit insane sometimes. But personally just breaking everything down, prioritizing, and writing important stuff in a list will get me working.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'va always had problems with being late. The main problem for me was I used to wait to the last minute to get everything ready, then if I couldn't find something, I would end up being late. There's sometimes an element of SA related procrastination also, where I will put off doing things due to anxiety.
This sounds like myself. I too always had a problem with being late. I always got into trouble at home and school because of it. I am also a chronic procrastinator. I wish I knew how to get out of the habit. I envy non-procrastinators who can get things done with ease.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm terrible at it. I set my alarm to wake up at 9am, ended up waking up at noon :roll
Ha ha! I got a good laugh from this.

So, what do you normally do throughout your day? I mean, if you can get up so late, you must not be doing much, right?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm the opposite, I'm always early to places. I try and get there at least 15 minutes early. I think it's because I'm scared of being late and letting people down.

·
SUPER EFFECTIVE!
830 Posts
Ha ha! I got a good laugh from this.

So, what do you normally do throughout your day? I mean, if you can get up so late, you must not be doing much, right?
Well, I'm waiting for school to start so I could sleep in without necessarily missing anything. But I do have errands and stuff to do, that I'm now forced to rush through instead of having the whole day to do them. This gets me into alot of trouble.

Actually, I should be doing these things right now... I better get on it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts