Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's talk about our nieces and nephews and all the cool things being an Aunt or Uncle has to offer!

I've got two nephews I love dearly, one is 4 the other 2. I only had a Sister so even though in their Uncle it's almost like having two little brothers who look up to me for everything and ask for my help with things and want to do whatever I do. They are really fun kids and apparently I am a big hit with most kids I guess I know what I've been missing in my life.

Right now they are into spiderman, octonauts, jake and neverland pirates, and despicable me. I've watched the shows and movies so many times but I don't mind. :)
I taught them about stuff I know like watering flowers and about animals and collectable toys I have saved they find cool ;)
I'm tall so they like when I give them rides on my back since I'm taller than their mom and dad. We play sports outside and I pull them fast in a wagon they love that!

We eat dinner together when I see them they fight over who I sit next to lol its cute.

What do you do with your nieces or nephews?

·
Audacious romantic
4,496 Posts
Aww, so sweet. You seem very caring and affectionate.

·
SOS Member
4,575 Posts
My bro has a 6 years old son and a 2 years old daughter. You're right, they are fun and I can say that I'm stress free (most of the time) when they are around. I spend more time with my nephew more than my niece though. Cos my niece always stick with her mom.

We spend times playing ps3 and watch movies (spiderman, lego batman, lego marvel, etc.) and on the weekends we will take him walking around the park and shopping malls.

·
Maybe?
2,598 Posts
It is kind of nice to play with kids for awhile and then be able to give them back to their real parents. I have 2 nephews, 2 nieces, and 3 new non-blood nephews from my sister's recent marriage.

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
I have one 2 year old niece.. We usually either put together puzzles, build **** with Lego's or chase each other through the house. Being an uncle is pretty cool, i'm just paranoid about when she gets older and realizes how much of a loser her uncle is. So as of recent, i've kind of pulled back and stopped spending time at my sisters house.

·
No longer good at posting
1,233 Posts
I can't wait to be an uncle. It's so dull around here with no kids running around and possibly messin' things up. My siblings just got married and are in no rush I guess. I can't help but to be so impatient and somewhat envious. My cousin is like half my age and already has two nephews and a niece for crying out loud!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I am looking so much forward to being an Aunt. My sister has been married for a couple years now and does want children. Can't wait until the day comes! :)

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I became an aunt when I was almost 4 years old, and my nephew is now 18 years old.

Got no fun or cool aunty stuff to share :lol
Ha ha, well your close enough you could of given advice to your nephew about what was coming up or like what to expect in school.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I don't get to see any of my nieces/nephews hardly ever. I have a eight year old niece recently write me a hand-written letter. Aawwww.

I have a pretty dysfunctional family.. I won't talk to my siblings if I can help it. This affects the relationship with the kids. I miss hanging with them at times. I don't get to do any cool uncle **** for them..

One set of nieces I will probably never see again because of a result of a divorce and the sibling in question decided to drop out completely from their lives altogether.. Which really is sad because they were pretty good kids..

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
I'm so bad at knowing the terms for family things, what is the name of the relation between me and my cousin's baby?

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,211 Posts
I'm so bad at knowing the terms for family things, what is the name of the relation between me and my cousin's baby?
I think it's either second cousin or first cousin once removed or.. Something like that.

I have a bunch of baby... which ever it is, and a couple of younger cousins (I think like 11 and 5 in the latter case) but I'm not close to any of them and some of them live far away.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Watch them get into everything. Watch the boy cry and cry and cry.

Watch the parents be totally incompetent and seemingly disinterested at times.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a niece who lives in the USA. I am in France and never met her because circumstances haven't allowed me to meet her.

My brother posts plenty of pics of her on Facebook and videos on YouTube. I send her presents from France which is cool because I choose stuff that specifically do not exist in the USA like Kinder surprise (egg chocolate with plastic toy inside it), etc...

Last package I sent her had a monkey toy named "kiki" in France. I am not sure what it is called in the USA or if it does even exist there but she loves it!

Based from the pics of her, she seems to have embraced the princess image. Her mom got her into very girly things. Pink clothes, hello Kitty, and the movie frozen are her favorites. When she was smaller, she had the chubbiest cheeks it was cute. She reminded of a pumpkin or apple.

One day mate I will get to meet her.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts