Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe ive been going down the wrong path the last few years. Beer seems to get rid of almost all of my symptoms while under the influence.(insomnia aside). I have no problem talking to people, starting conversations, expressing myself, or being on a stage alone. But now it seems i cant do anything without it. If i go out i find myself sitting alone in a corner, so to speak, and all i can think about is drinking so i can socialize. It works wonders but im starting to see its not worth it. Its becoming a burden on my health and my wallet. If only there were some medication that worked this good.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. I've been drinking regularly since I was 14; not just drinking, but drinking beer. That's all I drink because it's cheap(ish) and delicious. and it's always my go-to source to escape anything uncomfortable. The only party I ever went to that was held by someone outside of my family, people were staring at me in awe over how much I was drinking. But guess what? I could talk to them. I was initiating the conversations, even. and that was the goal.

Do you think maybe you're becoming, or already are, addicted to it? or do you just rely on it to pull you out of your anxiety when it's time to socialize?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im definantly addicted to it, but ive been drinking fairly heavily for like 10 years now. i get the shakes from time to time if i go too long without a beer. but the reason i became addicted in the first place was because it eliminates anxiety.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts