Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
****ty people .. everywhere .

But sadly .. it's the only place I can think of where I can socialize .. without forcing myself to be interested in something that I'm not .

Approaching people for romantic interest seems to be a way of surrendering your Pride , and expressing a needier side of yourself .. as well .

I know what I want , I just don't know how to get it .

Not having friends screws you in so many different ways you aren't aware of . People with friends really do have it easier .

·
Bleep blorp blop bip boop
3,947 Posts
Bars suck. Especially for meeting people...at least for people with S.A. It is basically a requirement that you are socially gifted. Not only do you need the confidence to approach somebody (armed with something interesting to say), but you also need to figure out a way to hold their attention (which is tough if you are like me and are horribly awkward). No doubt having friends makes finding somebody a lot easier. (At least, that's what I assume). Not only can they introduce you to people, set you up maybe, but it also doesn't make it look like nobody likes you.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Bars are where the undesirable tend to congregate. You're really not missing much.

You're into sailing, maybe look into participating in a yacht club or merchant mariner gatherings. Lesbian sailors, they just got to exist..

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe you could get some mates online and then scale that up to having them be your wing-men.. wing-women? in a bar eventually. Personally the only time I was in a bar was with someone else and I was still in maximum panic mode the whole time.
Yeh .. I guess you could say that I'm challenging myself by limiting my activities to the outdoors . Online dating is a bit depressing .. as it makes me feel like Hikikomori .. dreaming the dream :no

Bars are where the undesirable tend to congregate. You're really not missing much.

You're into sailing, maybe look into participating in a yacht club or merchant mariner gatherings. Lesbian sailors, they just got to exist..
lol . I found one on an online dating site , actually .. now that you mention it .. but she lives in another city .. and I couldn't contact her cause I'm not a gold member .

I'm just thinking of whether it's still worth giving bars another go . hmm .

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
I would rather go out in my back yard and paint my fence and then spend the evening watching it dry than go to a bar.

·
Winter Is Here
3,846 Posts
I think I'd never wanna go to a bar alone to meet new people, they're awesome just when going with known guys.

I've resingned to attempting to meet new people once in a while at collegue, work, some event, or some chat only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts