Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e been having driving lessons for a couple of months now. They are going quite well not as bad as I thought seeing as I have been dreading it all these years.

Doesn't sound such a big deal but its a major thing for me. I have been putting it off all this time, as I was so worried about if I would be any good and looking like an idiot in front of all the other drivers on the road.

At my age it made things worse so I have really had to bite the bullet and push myself to do it once and for all.

Anyway going ok so far, quite enjoying it to be honest :)

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
That's awesome! And really inspiring to read, as I'm in the exact same situation. I just haven't actually gone out there and tried to overcome it yet.

I hope they keep going great!

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
Same here. I just got a cheap but functional car not too long ago, but I haven't even studied for my restricted yet...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yeah, I know i can't talk really but I think the best thing is to set a date to start and go and do it. I really had to force myself or I know I would never have started.

I know how hard it can be though, so I'm definitely not trying to say I know best :)

People who can drive don't just understand why anyone might not want to.

Well I'll try and keep you posted on how it goes..

·
Registered
794 Posts
Congrats! That's great! :D

I was lucky, I learnt to drive over a year before I got my SA and I really enjoyed it :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not sure how long mine will take , hopefully not too long another couple of months maybe. My problem is that once I do one thing wrong i get in a panic and my concentration goes, meaning I keep making mistakes, but I seem to be getting there as time goes on..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts