Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At risk of sounding like a complete jerk:
Have any of you ever met one of those people who used to be painfully shy, then made a COMPLETE turnaround and became... let's face it, annoying.
I think I'm worried about this happening to me if I get over my SAD, like I'll just spazz out when I'm trying to be sociable and end up no better off than I am now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would say that sort of happened to me when I was on Zoloft for a while, it kind of took my focus off myself, but I got less tolerant of other people too. I would try not to let it bother you too much, in this world, if people don't like you, they will show you in one way or another. All you can do is be perceptive and realise if you're being a douche.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I worry about the same thing. I know several people who've made that obnoxious transition; I kind of hope that that their newfound outgoingness eventually blends with their quieter sides and they balance out eventually.

It does scare me that I might unknowingly make the same turnaround- but there's a healthy in-between, and I'm aiming for that.

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
Meh, I still feel like I'd rather be irritable and have a somewhat overpowering personality at times than be like this.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Unfortunately, I would prefer to be obnoxious than the way I am now. At least then, you give off an attitude that you are at least confident in yourself. And people tend to like high energy personalities anyways. It's more outwardly attracting than being quiet or passive. :\

·
Registered
298 Posts
That's me sometimes. Most of the time, when not comfortable, I am pretty "serious" looking, and can't carry a conversation for the life of me.

When I get relaxed, I actually have to hold myself back from becoming obnoxious. I annoyed a friend I use to have to death this way, but have to admit, I was extra annoying to her because I didn't really like her. In retrospect, I kind of wanted to annoy her to the point that she would stop contacting me, and tell me to eff off, so I wouldn't have to.

·
Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)
124 Posts
Lol im like this when im myself ill be crazy, funny, but I dont hurt peoples feelings i watch out for that so i wont go to far. I only make fun of in a friendly way with people that can handle it by laughing but the people that are sensative like me alot of times I have a normal conversation and watch what i say..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts