Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peoples,

I've decided I can be one of the jerks too if I try hard enough. I did pretty good today. Normally, I just sit in the back and dont say a thing. Today I aasked myself "what would stiffler do" so I stopped Looked the chick who sits across from me up and down and said "how u doin" and she giggled. I was gonna ask her her major (I know its education) and tell her school teachers are hot but chickened out... maybe next week!

I doubled my Xannax today which made me tired as freak but I didn't feel very nervous either... just kind of blah. Stiffler would be energetic so eventually I want to do this without chemical aids but one day at a time

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Why do you think being a 'jerk' (in your words) is going to attract any self-respecting girl? Sure, Stiffler was funny in the movies and he got girls, but it was a movie. Not real life.
I'm not sure why you think all girls seem to go for the jerks, but they don't. Half the time, the girl doesn't even know the guy is a jerk until after she starts dating him because he was being so wonderful and great before they started getting serious. Some girls (yes, even hot ones) have low self esteem and stay with that guy, even when they know they should leave. Some girls don't care, as long as they have a guy. And other girls won't deal with a guy being a jerk. Girls are different. Generalizing girls (just like generalizing guys) is never good.

If you were a jerk and went up to girls like, 'Hey, fatty (ugly, stupid, crazy, etc), want a date?', most girls would just walk away, if they don't attack you first. Being a jerk is no way to get a girl. Get beat up, yes. Get a girlfriend, no.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
i tell girls they r fat n they attract 2 me like magnets
:lol.

OP, don't try to be someone you're not. Women are great at seeing through you. The Stifflers of this world succeed in getting girls' attentions, and laughs, because they really ARE that shallow, and some find that amusing. If you're putting on an act, they're just gonna think you're creepy, and those giggles will come from their own discomfort.

Suddenly acting like a twelve year old will not score you a girlfriend, and unless you're Sean William Scott, it won't get you laid either.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i tell girls they r fat n they attract 2 me like magnets
this actually works btw, not this blatant and mean though. It shows that you are not interested in them for appearance and thats the most important part.

Saying something mean while your face says the exact opposite is good though (teasing)

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Umm girls don't like jerks. Jerks are the guys who try to flirt with girls by being mean and obnoxious. The confident guy who steps in and tells the jerk to leave her alone...that's the kind of guy she's going home with. Understand? Be confident, not rude.

·
Banned
1,230 Posts
I do think there's some truth to the statement that being jerky can garner more attention from women.

However jerkiness will only get you into a relationship. It won't provide you the skills to maintain one. And if you extrapolate the use of jerkiness to it's logical conclusion it mean's you'd have to accept one day in the distant future, a man treating your own daughter the same way.

So while it may feel empowering now in your 20's and provide you a temporary bubble of confidence, it's not a sustainable concept.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I can sorta see where you are coming from. The old adage "Nice guys finish last" seems to be very true. If you treat someone well they mostly in turn treat you unkind and the opposite is true as well. Guys who are "jerks" as you put it do seem to get a lot of attention from girls but girls who act the same way get a lot of attention from guys. It works both ways. I as a woman, would prefer that a man who is real and honest and not putting on a show. You can present this "jerk" persona but in essence you aren't living your true life and eventually that's going to come out. Just be yourself, I know people hate hearing that but it's true. Even with my SA, when people get to know me I show them the "real" me and I actually have some really good friends and guys tend to like me also. You will be much happier if you are living your life as you and not Stiffler.

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
I guess a nice guy like me better just give up.:sigh

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not about being a jerk. Try and find what it is about being a jerk that is positive. It's the fact that "jerks" are assertive. Maybe using the word jerk as a starter helps, but don't keep telling yourself to be a jerk. Be ASSERTIVE.

What you're doing is fine. Don't be thrown off when someone else doesn't like it. It's just personal preference, no water off your back. Keep that thought in the back of your head, and you'll gain your confidence.

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
This is an enigma.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
It's not about being a jerk. Try and find what it is about being a jerk that is positive. It's the fact that "jerks" are assertive. Maybe using the word jerk as a starter helps, but don't keep telling yourself to be a jerk. Be ASSERTIVE.

What you're doing is fine. Don't be thrown off when someone else doesn't like it. It's just personal preference, no water off your back. Keep that thought in the back of your head, and you'll gain your confidence.
Agreed. Those we might consider to be "jerks" are those guys who have no shame and talk to women about everything and anything they want without restricting themselves, and women might interpret that as confidence. It just so happens that those guys that can do that sometimes don't limit themselves in ways we might in other areas as well, and so they might cheat and treat women like dirt.

Perhaps the trick is to meet a woman like a jerk to get to the date part. Then turn around and act like your usual nice guy self. We can call it the "bait and switch."

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just remember that when girls laugh, it's not always because they think somethings funny. Sometimes it's just nervous laughter, or laughing to avoid an awkward situation.
Like remember when that teacher made some terrible joke, but some people laughed a little anyway? No, they didn't have terrible senses of humor, they just laughed because they realized it was a joke, and didn't want there to be an awkward silence in the room.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Don't take advice from girls. Nice guys finish last. I know from experience.
sadly, i think your right. Seems like girls only want a guy they can complain about to their friends. Say they want a nice guy, yet only go out with jerks. Are they really that hard to see through?

·
insert witty comment here
6,195 Posts
Hey peoples,

I've decided I can be one of the jerks too if I try hard enough. I did pretty good today. Normally, I just sit in the back and dont say a thing. Today I aasked myself "what would stiffler do" so I stopped Looked the chick who sits across from me up and down and said "how u doin" and she giggled. I was gonna ask her her major (I know its education) and tell her school teachers are hot but chickened out... maybe next week!

I doubled my Xannax today which made me tired as freak but I didn't feel very nervous either... just kind of blah. Stiffler would be energetic so eventually I want to do this without chemical aids but one day at a time
I cant wait to read your next post! Very cool thread :)

2,348 Posts
sadly, i think your right. Seems like girls only want a guy they can complain about to their friends. Say they want a nice guy, yet only go out with jerks. Are they really that hard to see through?
We also only go after alpha males. Us females may not realize this, but we do. Since, you know, guys on here tell us we do so it must be true.

Lets leave the generalizations out of this, kthx.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.