Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
794 Posts
I reckon you should try some big airline companies (like Easyjet, British Airways) and visit their websites.

Also, there is a height requirement and you need to have good health.

· Registered
606 Posts
I think there is a height requirement? But you make lots of friends and have fun with your crew. You get to travel and meet lots of cool people on the plain. Lots of old creepy men will try to hit on you but other than that it's great. I've had dreams of being an attendant. Good luck with that!

· Memorial Profile
38,514 Posts
I think there is a height requirement?
That they must be "tall enough"? As in some sexist thing that the guy in first class wants a "first class babe" who's at least 5'6"? I'd suspect that would violate federal employment discrimination laws, since I can't imagine how height would effect one's ability to perform the duties of this job assuming one was within normal parameters (like within the same height range as 99% of the population).

· Registered
794 Posts
That they must be "tall enough"? As in some sexist thing that the guy in first class wants a "first class babe" who's at least 5'6"? I'd suspect that would violate federal employment discrimination laws, since I can't imagine how height would effect one's ability to perform the duties of this job assuming one was within normal parameters (like within the same height range as 99% of the population).
*Sigh* It's nothing to do with being sexist, and yes, if you're small you cannot do the job properly.

You need to be able to reach the overhead storage properly and within good reach, as in not on your tiptoes, otherwise there could be several problems, specifically in an emergency. There are other reasons too, but I don't remember them (I had a careers chat about it a few years ago).

· Born Of Blotmonað
22,246 Posts
If you're interested in this then I think applying for a job at the airport with an airline may be the way to go. Once you're employed then getting the training to move into attending may be easier. I once ask a gal at a counter about it when I was traveling, she said that's how she was going about it

· Registered
13 Posts
Its funny I came across this thread bc I was thinking today about becomming a flight attendent, but I dont know if I have the patience to deal with the passengers for a long period of time. I work in a coffee shop now and the people who I dont like are gone within minutes, but on a plane you're stuck with them. Also, Im a bit scared of flying that often, even though planes are very safe.
Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.