Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever gone from being a social butterfly to becoming introverted ?

Since 2012 I've done just that and I LOVE IT.:clap

I go on hikes by myself , hit the open roads blasting my stereo , go shopping or grabbing a bite to eat alone.

It use to hurt being uninvited places with friends or coworkers but these past two years I've learned to find friendship in myself . . . embracing my own company :)

Anyone else accomplished this ? What is an average "Me" day for you ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone ever gone from being a social butterfly to becoming introverted ?

Since 2012 I've done just that and I LOVE IT.:clap

I go on hikes by myself , hit the open roads blasting my stereo , go shopping or grabbing a bite to eat alone.

It use to hurt being uninvited places with friends or coworkers but these past two years I've learned to find friendship in myself . . . embracing my own company :)

Anyone else accomplished this ? What is an average "Me" day for you ?
Social to introvert? Yes. Embracing my own company? No. My problem is a pretty much lose lose situation. I basically cannot go in public and run errands without having someone with me, but I'm also super introverted making it hard to meet new friends. I basically count on my wife, my friend (yes I only have one I can actually call a friend), or medication to do anything alone. Work is a different story though, but I won't get into that.

I do have comfort in doing some things alone. For example, skateboarding, and taking the car out for a drive with no intention of actually going anywhere.

I admire your strength to do things alone. I wish I could be that way. See, I DO get invited to things with people that want to get to know me, but I turn them down due to my unreasonable fear of not becoming accepted among my peers.

An average me day is going out for a nice "spirited" drive in my car with my skateboard in the trunk late at night (its like 115 degrees here in the daytime, so nights are bearable at only 100 degrees) and finding an empty lot with stuff to fool around with on a skateboard. I find peace in that somehow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts