Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching beauty and the geek last night, and I was thinking a beauty and a geek would never end up together it just wouldn't happen they are too glaringly opposite. Then a guy beauty came on and I thought he was attractive for what he was, not my type though cuz I don't like bronzed gods and then I realised the guy I do like at the moment is a Beauty!!! And Im the GEEK! It will never happen I am wasting my time and now I can see it clearly!!! I will only end up with a fellow geek but what if im not attracted to geeks, then what??? Just be alone?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Just because a guy is a geek doesn't mean he can't be attractive physically. I don't get that analogy. As far as not being attracted to a man/woman physically and therefore never dating that person, idk. When someone figures it out and can change my mind let me know.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Whether they ever tell us, I think we all have people interested in us who we aren't interested in, and who hasn't felt unrequited love for someone?

That little situation is the real consequence of Adam and Eve's fall from grace.

·
Registered
406 Posts
First off, being a "geek" doesn't make someone unattractive. "Geek" is not the opposite of beauty.

Second, there's a lot more to attraction for a lot of people than just physical appearance. No one ever said everyone is doomed to stick with their own "kind"; people break out of that all the time.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
First off, being a "geek" doesn't make someone unattractive. "Geek" is not the opposite of beauty.

Second, there's a lot more to attraction for a lot of people than just physical appearance. No one ever said everyone is doomed to stick with their own "kind"; people break out of that all the time.
True and true.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You're awfully tough on geeks. o.0 I dated a "geek" for about 5 months. He played Magic The Gathering (I know it involves cards and...that's it), wore trench coats, wrote poetry while riding the subway to see me, loved computer games, always had his nose in a book, always up for a philosophical debate, basically danced to his own tune despite the mockery of his fellow schoolmates.
He was rather attractive, I thought! A smile that could make any girl swoon. I recall girls approaching him at parties and turning up their noses once they realized he was "below their league." Their loss.

Anyway, yeah, this analogy is completely lost on me.

·
chronic loner
440 Posts
i love my geek. i dont care if it means im a geek too, even though i dont think i am. he is sweet, he remembers dates, he's smart, he respects me, he's always helpful to others (i dont like asking him for computer help), he's perfect. a lot of girls regret that he's taken now. dont be one of those girls.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Just because a guy is a geek doesn't mean he can't be attractive physically. I don't get that analogy. As far as not being attracted to a man/woman physically and therefore never dating that person, idk. When someone figures it out and can change my mind let me know.
Yes, I am a geek, and I have been told I am attractive - I look like Prince William, in fact, but with MORE HAIR! :lol

559 Posts
I'm a girl who needs more than looks to keep me interested in a guy, but I can honestly say I've seen a fairly good amount of guys who may be deemed by society as geeks, who are very good looking. I actually like guys like that...alot! I like quirky or slightly eccentric guys, who are in to interesting things like artistic endeavours. It's mega sexy! :mushy

·
Optimism Prime~
7,122 Posts
Yeah, there's definitely no truth whatsoever to what the guy said. None. Any life experiences and observations he has to support his view, no matter how extensive and consistent, didn't really happen. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Well no problem there bud, always glad to help out.

And you're actually right by the way, there is no truth in the original statement - that would mean we're dealing with facts rather than a load of subjective opinion based generalisations that it actually is.

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
I'm a girl who needs more than looks to keep me interested in a guy, but I can honestly say I've seen a fairly good amount of guys who may be deemed by society as geeks, who are very good looking. I actually like guys like that...alot! I like quirky or slightly eccentric guys, who are in to interesting things like artistic endeavours. It's mega sexy! :mushy
Intelligence and quirky passion are sexy in girls as well :D
But while I arguably am eccentric and geeky, I wouldn't consider myself good looking, so that rules me out :b

·
Registered
836 Posts
In general, geeks are unattractive. And I doubt many geeks go out with the prom queen, but I don't really want to go out with a prom queen.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts