Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
baby you're a lost cause
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What i like about the world is that everybody is nice.

Peace and love y'all!

·
baby you're a lost cause
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its so great that people are horribly disfigured never feel the need to do anything about it, because everyone has been so nice to them.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
With animals the injured ones often attempt to act as if they're not in pain because the ones that appear weak will be attacked first.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I agree, to an extent. If you're a sad, depressed person, faking happiness can actually put you in a good mood, it's been proven.

However, if you're not into sports, saying that you are just to fit in will never work. Same with any other part in life. You should always be yourself, but strive to be a better self.

·
Lazy guy on the couch
54 Posts
Don't Ever Fake pretending to know anything about politics.... God that one screwed me.....

·
Banned
397 Posts
I look pissed off most of the time and people leave me alone.

I give people a very angry look when they smile at me. The funny thing is that I am not really angry, I actually smile on the inside when people give me a smile. It doesn't stop me from scaring people with my angry face though.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Faking being happy is good I guess. It would probably make people want to be around you more than if you're genuinely coming off sad and miserable.

I can't do it, though. I must be genuinely happy or else I feel miserable trying to act happy, if that makes sense.

·
baby you're a lost cause
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Faking being happy is good I guess. It would probably make people want to be around you more than if you're genuinely coming off sad and miserable.

I can't do it, though. I must be genuinely happy or else I feel miserable trying to act happy, if that makes sense.
Its difficult to fake happiness yes, but you dont need to be happy to find something to smile about.

It doesnt have to be a big smile, just enough to change your expression enough so people dont get the expression that your miserable.

I think of it a spitefull smile, a smile to show potential enemies that i feel good.

:)B-)B-) (u see?)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree with the faking, pretending not to be sad or whatever. but looking happy? in public unless people are in groups they don't stand there smiling :| they just have neutral faces.. don't they? guess this is what I've always thought. next time im out will try and look for smiling people haha. i'd feel like i stood out too much if i was smiling all the time. but i do fear that i look too weak and things.. so i try to do the neutral/normal face. head up and normal walk, not all slouched and hide-ish looking. not smiling, but not looking sad or scared..

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Its difficult to fake happiness yes, but you dont need to be happy to find something to smile about.

It doesnt have to be a big smile, just enough to change your expression enough so people dont get the expression that your miserable.

I think of it a spitefull smile, a smile to show potential enemies that i feel good.

:)B-)B-) (u see?)
Oh, yes, I can smile and wear a rather big smile, which I usually have to do on a daily basis, but at times, I feel kind of dumb wearing the smile, knowing I don't actually have much to smile about. Be happy, yes, there are a few hings I am and should be happy about, smile, not so much.

That's a good way to think, though. I'll have to try it sometimes.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
A slight bit of happiness is attractive to other people.

·
Banned
27 Posts
With animals the injured ones often attempt to act as if they're not in pain because the ones that appear weak will be attacked first.
Yes, the weaklings are culled. And nonconformist primates are beaten & abused by the popular primates.
Video of a Chimpanzee attack:

If you're a sad, depressed person, faking happiness can actually put you in a good mood, it's been proven.
Yes, and your body language can change your mood. Your body actually changes your emotions and the emotions of people you talk to.

so i try to do the neutral/normal face. head up and normal walk, not all slouched and hide-ish looking. not smiling, but not looking sad or scared..
That's right. And there are hundreds of other body language cues. You should study body language because body language communicates most emotions, followed next by tone of voice, and finally by the words actually said.

·
Registered
68 Posts
ImAboutToEXPLODE I like your posts. Very upbringing and stylistically well put.

Almost every aspect of universe is hostile. Society is hostile. I have been walking around with sad face pretty long time now (its my neutral expression) and 99% of the time I have recieved negative comments which have led to even bullying. However I didn't start smiling because it's too exhausting for me. I hit the gym and started standing out for myself. I never would have thought I'd say that but now I'm actually waiting for someone to say something really offensive to me so they'd give me a reason to take action.

·
Grind
2,433 Posts
i do not agree...

ide say its fine to smile, but if you have nothing to smile about, why are you smiling? People who do that have something to hide, that shows weakness...

im not trying to judge, and if im coming across that way, i dont mean to...but if your destined on being "fake," you'll never be yourself, and you'll become more anxious...

socially anxious or not, nervous or not, some people have it harder than others, thats just how it goes...theres people who are rich, have everything they could imagine, but just generally are not that flamboiant, bubbly person...people are who they are...

if you have a long face, or a "sad" face, who cares?

the people who try to comment on it in a negetive way are the weak people...even if you looked as happy as can be, those same people are going to say somethin, there is always someone who wants to bring you down...and when you let him or her do that, your bringing yourself down to their level...the person who is going to laugh at you is the person with the problem, not you, their the ones who need therapy...

all we need is confidence, and self esteem, and if we face our fears things will change...anxiety is nothing but a phobia, its nothing but a fear...and its the fear of other people judging us that makes us believe we are not capable, which isnt true...the whole world does not need to love us, not one person is loved by the whole world...to be fake, is to cheat yourself...

im not saying you dont know anything, and im not trying to put you down by any means nessicary, i respect your opinion, and this is just mine...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts