Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really sure how this works but I'll start with an introduction :) I'm 20, studying marketing and about to start a year long working placement.
I have suffered with body dismorphia before when I was about 13, I remember it being a very dark place where I was too afraid to go out of the house as I was convinced everyone was staring at me. I also spent hours looking/obsessing over my appearance in the mirror. I thankfully got out of this cycle and even felt pretty.

This year I started noticing all the thoughts coming back. I had a pretty traumatic year with a break up, placement applications and exams which is what I think may have triggered it. If anyone else is suffering from bdd it would be great to know I'm not alone and be able to enjoy life again!

R x

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Not really sure how this works but I'll start with an introduction :) I'm 20, studying marketing and about to start a year long working placement.
I have suffered with body dismorphia before when I was about 13, I remember it being a very dark place where I was too afraid to go out of the house as I was convinced everyone was staring at me. I also spent hours looking/obsessing over my appearance in the mirror. I thankfully got out of this cycle and even felt pretty.

This year I started noticing all the thoughts coming back. I had a pretty traumatic year with a break up, placement applications and exams which is what I think may have triggered it. If anyone else is suffering from bdd it would be great to know I'm not alone and be able to enjoy life again!

R x
Welcome, RachelLouise13! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts