1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Batman: Arkham Asylum" Release Pushed Until End of Summer
11:00 PM PDT, May 2, 2009

source: amazon.com

'Batman: Arkham Asylum' delayed until the end of summer I take my eye off the blogosphere for a day or so and what happens, I miss the news that the release date for Batman: Arkham Asylum has been pushed until "the end of summer."

Apparently there were rumors of this reported by Game Informer late last Thursday. The funny thing is that Eidos and Warner Bros came back pretty quick with an answer to this news, which is pretty rare. According to their official statement, released yesterday,

"Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment can today confirm that Batman: Arkham Asylum will be released at the end of summer 2009. This additional time will allow us to ensure Batman: Arkham Asylum is of the highest quality for gamers."

So, why the quick response to Game Informer's breaking of the story? Maybe it really was to ensure that players know that they will be getting a quality game, but more likely it is because the Game Informer post called out a possible hold until the "holiday season,"instead of the "end of summer" as the Eidos/WB state. No biggie I suppose as long as the game quality is there.

One thing though. I wonder if when the game does finally release whether Xbox 360 players and maybe even those on the PC will get to play as the Joker like those lucky stiffs on the PS3? If so that would go a long way towards mending any hard feelings over the release delay. We will see.

--Hobson's Choice

·
SAS Member
14,483 Posts
lets hope this one is good. We haven't had a good batman game since the Nes and Super Nes days. Ok, i'm not counting lego batman in the lot, even if it had great reviews. I hate those stupid lego games.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts