Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A four hour car ride to band camp contained me either thinking the worst, or forcing myself to think positive thoughts. It was like a battle going on in the inside of my head. Once I got there though, I was great... amazing...better than I have ever been with new people. Instead of calling this a fluke, im going to call this a big step forward since I have been making steady progress since a month ago when I decided to start challenging my normal thinking patterns.

For those of you out there struggling, just know that its worth it.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
"this one time at band camp" omg i'm sorry i couldn't resist lmao!

anyway, good going!!!!! *applause* =)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
"this one time at band camp" omg i'm sorry i couldn't resist lmao!

anyway, good going!!!!! *applause* =)
lol! You beat me to it haha.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
It's from the movie American Pie. Check it out.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Wxolue,

What instrument do you play?
I remember band camp well. Ours was five days in the hot August sun, learning our show. We had charts with our positions plotted and we would learn a segment at a time. As a flute player, I had to memorize the music before the other sections because we were not allowed to have lyres with music like everybody else could.

Sunday to Friday at a camp hours from home. My senior year, the Thursday night had heavy rain from the remnants of Hurricane Andrew (I'm in Ohio, by the way). Friday was spent marching in the mud! :lol

There were also shaving cream and water balloon fights ---- good times! :lol

Congratulations!!! :boogie :boogie :boogie

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Jesus Christ, I hated band camp. Everything about it. Having to march all day in the hot *** sun. **** that.

Oh congratulations, btw.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts