Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
I love it :) Favourite meals to cook are; the good old british roast dinner (craving one right now actually) cider and cream chicken, paella

and my new favourite thing to bake is raspberry and vanilla baked cheesecake. I love making peoples birthday cakes too.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Monster cookies are kind of a speciality of mine. I enjoy baking more than cooking. I like to make comfort food like chicken pot pie or beef stroganoff.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Me I like to cook. Coq au Vin and Spagetti Carbonara are probably the best savoury things that I can cook from scratch. I'd like to learn how to cook more Thai/Indian/Chinese food; I've just moved to an apartment where there is an Asian supermarket across the street, so now I can get all the necessary silly ingredients -- like shrimp paste. :)

I like baking cakes too. My brownies collect haters (as does my spotted dick and custard).

·
Confused
432 Posts
I love cooking, but I'm not very good at baking cakes and biscuits and such. :(

I think my favorite thing too cook is curry, you can do so many different types, it's just fun making new ones and perfecting old ones. I also like making omelette's. ^_^

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
I hate cooking but I love baking.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I love both! I'm unemployed so I spend most of my time cooking and baking and thinking about what I'm going to make next.

I'm good at Morrocan lamb tagine and brownies. But I try something new out at least once a week. I made pizza from scratch the other but yeah it didn't work out. I'm totally obsessed with food n making it. I want to make Malva pudding next, its a South African dessert. I could go on and on. But seriously its keeping me sane and busy while I do nothing with my life. I love it. But I'm also trying to get into shape so lol, I have to be quite careful about what I prepare.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love to eat it, does that count too?
Haha, this made me laugh!!! :teeth Love it!!

I absolutely love baking and cooking! I really just love the feeling of working to perfect and make something that those that I love will enjoy...not to mention something I enjoy! I love trying new recipes and using unfamiliar ingredients. It is like taking on a challenge.

However, because of depression, I've not been spending much time in the kitchen lately. I still have the desire to just not the motivation. :blank

Anyways, I love all of these answers guys! They're all interesting. Keep 'em coming!!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I love cooking and baking too, when I get the time :-D
Favourite stuff to make is pretty basic: Spaghetti with various sauces; bolognese and neopolitan mostly, chillis, curries, stews, spicy noodle soups, risotto, omelettes...
I'm trying to avoid eating sweet stuff, so cutting down on the baking lately, but my favourites are stem ginger cake, cinnamon rolls and brownies.
I try to experiment sometimes...which is okay with cooking as you can taste and add different things if it's not quite right. But with baking.. well, I've made quite a few odd cakes in my time...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts