Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
rawr?
86 Posts
Yeah I do this. I chew my fingernails down to nothing then I'll pick my eye brows/lashes.
I also bite my lip and cheeks. And the fidgeting..lol

Someone told me before to replace my habits with something else. Not sure what though.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I don't do that...I mean I do but only if I feel one my eyelashes falling out or something. It's not really bad. But I do scratch myself a lot to the point where I'll bleed a little. :( I'm trying really hard to stop! When I was in therapy they were gonna make me wear gloves because of it but they realized if I wore them in public I'd feel more anxious.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I scratch myself alot, but not to the point of bleeding. Just don't wear the gloves in public, as, I'm assuming you scratch yourself at home mostly.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I used to when I was younger. Now I compulsively pluck every hair I can find that is unwanted (legs, armpits, etc). Strange, I know, I just can't seem to stop.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I scratch myself alot, but not to the point of bleeding. Just don't wear the gloves in public, as, I'm assuming you scratch yourself at home mostly.
Yeah it's not as bad in public because anytime I do scratch a lot in front of people I'm afraid they'll think I have lice or something and won't talk to me, haha...I guess it's time to pull out my winter clothes box and get some gloves!

·
Banned
293 Posts
I used to bite my nails really bad, but now I just chew the inside of my mouth and lips. I've been doing that for so long that I have really bad scars.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I used to do so all the time when I was younger, but I've made myself stop now. I do other things, though, like messing with my hair, chewing my lip, playing with my clothing/purse/watch.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Haha we are a funny wee lot eh.
Im the same with eyebrows they are normal now but I'm like a hawk
with the stray ones, I pluck eyelashes that I think are growing wrong.
And used to pull hair out of my head strand by strand by the root.
Also pull on lashes/brows to get the loose ones.. :/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts