Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it started this morning when my office mate, another staff, got in a disagreement with my supervisor. I was trying to take phone calls and I couldn't here over their arguing. Finally I yelled at them to take it somewhere else, because I couldn't hear the person on the phone. Then I got a call this afternoon from the team leader from one of the group homes I deal with that they were having trouble with this one client. Well the team leader decided to move this one client to a different room because he has been targeting the other client he shares a room with. Well the minute I walked in the door to the house I heard a window breaking. I ran to the room where I heard it and this client decided to head butt the double pane casement window shattering it. I am surprise he just got a couple of scratches on his bald head. Also, he was completely naked due to ripping all of his clothes off. So the maintenance men came over to take the window out and put plywood over the opening until they can fix it. I stayed there for an hour to assist the Nurse to take care of his scratches. They gave him a shower to remove any small glass fragments. He then calmed down so I decided I would go back to the office to tell my supervisor what happened. It was only 5 minutes back at the office my supervisor told me to go back to the house because he was elevated again. So I returned and spent three hours following him around to make sure he wouldn't do something stupid. A couple of times he tried to grab the picnic table to take it to gods who knows where. Then he went into his room to try to tear his box spring apart, because it had a hole in the cloth covering. Any little hole on clothes, etc. sets him off. I think he should of been diagnosed with Autism, but wasn't. I told staff to remove the box spring and put it in the garage where he couldn't get at it. The Nurse then came again and gave him a dose of Ativan, which luckily settled him down. This client has lived in this house for over 20 years and never was on meds. Well I think it is time to give him a low dose of something.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Wow. Poor you and poor client, too. Sounds a bit dangerous - are you adequately protected at work? Are there burly security guys about the place? Or are you a burly security guy yourself?

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. Poor you and poor client, too. Sounds a bit dangerous - are you adequately protected at work? Are there burly security guys about the place? Or are you a burly security guy yourself?
No security guards. I have been trained in physical intervention. I don't know what is wrong with people right now. Everybody has been wild since last Wednesday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts