Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you found the love of your life, you find them to be the most amazing person in the world and want to spend your life with them, you're about to get married...and right before you do, you get together with your friends, get smashed, and go to a strip club.

More importantly, if you're a woman - in those strip clubs, they actually hook up with strippers. More often than not, one or a few of the bride's friends will. Occasionally the bride herself will engage in *some* type of activity that would qualify as cheating. And then there's the saying, "what happens at a bachelorette party stays at a bachelorette party."

My question is, why? If you want to hook up with strangers, why are you in a committed relationship? If you simply want to hook up or look at people with nice bodies, you should probably be dating someone who goes to the gym and eats healthy...or perhaps you don't truly love the person you're with - Personally I can't imagine hooking up with anyone else when I'm in love with someone, and looking at strippers doesn't seem like much fun either.

Why is this the "norm" in American culture? Why is it "ok" just because you're about to get married?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I dunno if its the norm, but my sister is getting married soon, and im going to the bachelor party with the groom. We're paintballing, rock climbing, then just hanging out. My sister is going horseback riding and doing girl crap.

My gf wouldnt do something like that either. Probably depends on the people though. I would never marry (or even have a serious relationship with) a girl who would get smashed and go bar hopping/strip club for her bachelorette party.

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
It's the negative side of popular culture, it enables people to justify doing the wrong thing, in the future rape and murder will just be another case of boy's being boy's.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last chance
Last chance for what? Have a threesome like in that story in the link? Why are you getting married if you want to do that stuff...how can you look your fiancee in the face after that. If you want to do those things, go nuts, while you're single...as in, not while in a monogamous relationship.

If you want to have sex with strangers that badly, I somehow have a feeling doing it just before marriage won't be your last time...

How can lying to your partner right before you get married be part of popular culture?

I dunno if its the norm, but my sister is getting married soon, and im going to the bachelor party with the groom. We're paintballing, rock climbing, then just hanging out. My sister is going horseback riding and doing girl crap.
That's kind of how it should be, I think. At least that's what I plan to do.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I've never understood this either. some people consider it their last night of freedom, but I can't see why, because it's not like they're single! personally, I wouldn't think it was that bad if my guy just went to strip club and hung out and had a few beers for his bachelor party activity. however, if I found out he had a lap dance, I would pretty much break off the wedding. that's just me, though. :b

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Well, I don't mind when I'm just attending the thing. Being forever stag has it's perks.

But I'd be offended if my brother had a stripper party before marriage. I would of have to clock him, and then ask him the time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Think it shows that you are so comfortable with your relationship that you trust your spouse around scantily clad women. Attended a friend of a friend's bday party where the gf got the guy a stripper. Had to leave for the stripper part though... too much anxiety for me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
not for sex but to have fun with the fellas and its like a test to yourself to see how you can resist and be faithful.
The day before your wedding you want to test this?? :/

If you aren't faithful, are you going to cancel your wedding that day in which members of your family have flown out to see?

To answer OP, I don't think this is right in any sense. I don't see the point in risking your entire marriage for one "last chance"

·
Banned
4,658 Posts
It's the negative side of popular culture, it enables people to justify doing the wrong thing, in the future rape and murder will just be another case of boy's being boy's.
In the past (and acutally many countries today) rape has been considered a "boys will be boys" thing. Married men cheating was also the expected norm. Things are better today, not worse. The behavior in strip clubs at bachelor parties are remnants of this past accepted behavior. And bachelorette parties only became populat in the late 80's or so.

Amazing how people refuse to see how good we have it in the modern world.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In the past (and acutally many countries today) rape has been considered a "boys will be boys" thing. Married men cheating was also the expected norm. Things are better today, not worse. The behavior in strip clubs at bachelor parties are remnants of this past accepted behavior. And bachelorette parties only became populat in the late 80's or so.

Amazing how people refuse to see how good we have it in the modern world.
Well, now it's women "raping" a male stripper...who of course never says no so it isn't rape. Yes, it's better than the distant past when it comes to men, but women on the other hand...

I disagree with married men cheating just as much as I disagree with women ****ing a stripper before they get married. Many of you guys are talking about bachelor parties, but keep in kind that at bachelorette parties things go much farther than that.

·
Banned
4,658 Posts
Well, now it's women "raping" a male stripper...who of course never says no so it isn't rape. Yes, it's better than the distant past when it comes to men, but women on the other hand...
I suppose you couldn't be bothered with an actual incident as an example to prove this is a major problem?

Of course its rape if that were the scenario, but the way I see it, it would be mostly other men laughing it off and saying it wasn't. That's what keeps many male rape victims from reporting the crime.

Old attitudes are still a problem.

Many of you guys are talking about bachelor parties, but keep in kind that at bachelorette parties things go much farther than that.
And you know that how?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Old attitudes are still a problem.

And you know that how?
It's not rape because a MALE stripper is not likely to say no if you touch him or blow him or have sex with him. Touching a female stripper will get you thrown out.

Has nothing to do with attitudes.

I know this how?

google bachelorette parties. read the stuff in the male stripper's blog that was linked above. ask women in their mid 20's.

I'm not here to argue about what goes on at some bachelorette parties, it's a known fact.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts