Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's impossible for you to wake up tomorrow morning and be cured from SA. There is no easy fix. If you don't act on it now, and don't take measures and steps in order to improve, things won't get better by themselves. And time won't make matters better, actually worst.

SA is a phobia. A fear that is completely irrational.
And irrational human fears can be conquered.

You can't just do 'nothing' and expect things to get better. You need to make all the right decisions in order to improve. That's also understanding and knowing your limits. Most importantly knowing that SA can only be conquered gradually, not instantly. It's all about taking baby steps. All about getting the snow ball rolling and making it slowly bigger and bigger. It's like a muscle, you keep working at it and it slowly gets bigger and bigger. But you can't instantly lift big weights, you need to start low, and build your way up.

Think rationally. Get outside of yourself and start analyzing. Make a plan, take decisions, take action.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I think we the owner of this site should give a check list for the month and there's something you have to do daily like " say how are you to someone today "

·
calm
264 Posts
strong words you seem to be convinced of, i like it!

this would also be very fitting in positive thoughts forum - but few people look the topics in there.
i guess the hardest thing it to get this snowball moving you have to push it over the peak of the mountain to start it rolling.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think we the owner of this site should give a check list for the month and there's something you have to do daily like " say how are you to someone today "
Everybody's checklists could be a little different. As people have different degrees of SA, we all have our respective situations where we feel either comfortable or uncomfortable.

But yes your idea is good. Daily social tasks, as silly as saying 'how are you' to someone, and building from that and adding a little more each time.

But I also meant significant changes or decision you can make in order to improve anxiety. Examples:

-Overcoming a drug addiction you feel makes your SA condition worst.

-Reducing alcohol consumption

-Joining a gym, getting active, doing sports, jogging, walking, roller blading, biking, swimming...you get the picture.

-Researching about medication and therapy for anxiety, getting the most knowledge as possible about medical ways of improving.

-Starting meditation

-Improving diet

-Becoming a morning person if your living a vampire life.

Feel free to add others

1 - 4 of 4 Posts