Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so embarrassed. I just left a message because the volunteer lady asked me to call her back... and I sounded so awkward :( I gave her a DIFFERENT number than the one she'd called me on, and I called her back on, because I couldn't remember my cell phone number (the phone I was using and would prefer to be called on). So I was like, "...My number is ________, ....or this one..... thanks, bye!"

This is how it went:

"Hi, this is ___ ___. I'm calling about the blood bag labeling... thing.. *awkward laugh*... I'm just letting you know that I will be able to make it tomorrow at 12:30, my number is _____, ... or this one.. thanks, bye!"

=/

...:(

Just needed to relieve my embarrassment.

What's worse is that I have a MAJOR phobia of blood/getting blood drawn/needles, as I've mentioned several times before on here. So going to this blood bank place where people are getting their blood drawn and labeling bags with needles attached to them for my volunteer work will be a challenge... I'm scared.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
i know exactly how you feel. I have done this in the past and it does make you feel like **** afterwards. It got so bad for me that i had to write how the entire conversation would go and i pretty much sounded like a robot to the other person. About this volunteer work...maby you should go else where. Alot of people aren't cool with blood and needles and that whole deal so thats not uncommon. If you do have to go through with it suck it up buttercup ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Aw it's ok. I do that too. I leave wicked awkward voicemails and obsess about them afterwards. All I can say is that it happens and the humiliation will subside.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know exactly how you feel. I have done this in the past and it does make you feel like **** afterwards. It got so bad for me that i had to write how the entire conversation would go and i pretty much sounded like a robot to the other person. About this volunteer work...maby you should go else where. Alot of people aren't cool with blood and needles and that whole deal so thats not uncommon. If you do have to go through with it suck it up buttercup ;)
I don't necessarily have to do it, but the options are bleak and the deadline for 20 hours is nearing! I figured I'd try this out and see what happens, because I do want to try to get over the fear to some extent. I mean, if there's a blood drive at school, I stand there trying to not pass out, then take a different, longer route around it. I'm gonna suck it up long enough to at least see if i'm still conscious when I get there, lol (but, literally).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts