Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just came across this. It's an interview between Michael Parkinson and the actress Meg Ryan, and he just comes across as ignorant and rude when she's clearly really nervous. I'm not entirely sure whether she has SA or is just shy around an audience, but I think it's a shame that she had to pretend to laugh along while he was ridiculing her.

·
Registered
116 Posts
wow, what a rude guy! I hate that all those people think it is funny to watch her be nervous and uncomfortable. I would have probably thew up being ridiculed in front of all those people.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah I agree, that really sucked and was kind of painful to watch.

There's another interview that comes to mind when watching this one, Hunter S thompson on the tonight show with David Letterman. He was there with this wife and there was a similar situation.

The painful thing about these situations is that the interviewer is the one with the power and it doesn't really matter if he's mean or not, the audience will go along with it and laugh.

·
Super Moderator
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can tell at around 2:20 he really upsets her.

And ugh I hate Letterman. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
I remember this. Parkinson is one of the best interviewers out there. He was able to draw Peter Sellers, Rowan Atkinson and many others out of themselves. Most people remember it for Meg Ryan being difficult, giving one word answers and being rude to the other guests and not for her being shy. She's been fine in other interviews. Could have been due to her being on to promote a film that was utter garbage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts