Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is really weird. I feel like I shouldn't be here and I'm really nervous right now and I don't even know what I'm doing here. I'm one of those people that lurks around and reads everyone's posts but never says anything. So now I'm saying hi, I'm here. I know it's online and nobody knows me but I still don't feel comfortable sending this out into the open, for everyone to read and judge. The only consolation is that others here have probably felt the same. How do you get over it? How do you make a contribution to a conversation and not feel your stomach turning for the rest of the day? This is not a very good hello, I'm sorry. I don't want to give out too much info about myself, actually I've already kind of lied, my name isn't really Lynn. But it's close! I don't want to say how old I am exactly, but I'm under 51 and over 11. So there's, a nice range for you. I don't know why anyone would read these things. I doubt anyone actually does. If you've read this please comment, please? No, you don't have to hahaha. It's probably better going into this without expectations. I don't really have any expectations though, I don't even know why I'm here. I don't know what I'm hoping to get out of this site. I don't know. What should I do on here? If you actually read any of this I'm really appreciative. Thanks for taking the time.

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
Hi lil lynn,I understand how you feel,this does help alittle,to hear how others with SA are dealing with their various problems.Hope things get better for you.

·
Dan Dreamin
47 Posts
Hi Lynn, check the place out heaps of good info, keep your chin up and good luck

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey lil lynn welcome. :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi lil lynn, welcome to the site :)

I know how you're feeling, I was really nervous joining as well, but i've found some really nice people on this site, who I now talk to both here and away from this site most days. I've said so many personal things about myself on here, and have never had anyone make a bad or negative comment to me, everyone is so supportive and understanding :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site!

Don't worry, I have the exact same thoughts as you about not expecting much and doubting anyone cares enough to hear/read what I have to say (which is why I hardly say a word IRL, hehe). I can assure you that I've read every word of your post :) If you're going to find people on the internet that understand your situation, it will be here. We all are at various stages of struggling with this and I know I and several people on here will be glad to do what we can to help.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, LilLynn! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts