Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got signed off work for two weeks for a "stress related problem" So I sent in my doctors note. After the first week I sent in my resignation... I don't want to go back there I can't... I just explained it's because of personal circumstances I haven't been well and a certain relationship problem at work has been a huge trigger, I don't think it's worth putting myself through that. I just checked my phone it's 4pm now I had a voicemail at 12 asking me to call back to have a chat about my resignation. I'm stressing out. My heart was pounding. I think I'm not gonna call back but that's really rude. The thing is the manager who called is really hard to talk to and intimidates me so much and I hate talking on the phone about proffessional things anyway... can't stand it!! If I call back I don't know if she'll be around or if I'll get put through to someone else and when they do that they don't tell you who until it gets through... it's crazy but I really can't handle this right now. I also don't know if they'll think my "personal" problem is just relationship wise... it's a huge part of it but I don't want to look pathetic. I don't know if I've done everything the "correct" way. I've turned my phone off. I'm gonna have to go in to get my stuff and take my key back I have a friend who said she'll come with me cos she knows I'm dreading it. I want to just pretend my phone's not working... it's semi true it doesn't connect so you can't hear the other person most of the time.

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
It's probably best to take a break from the phone right now. Could you inform her through writing or email that you are not well enough to take calls? You could perhaps offer to discuss it over email instead. Such options should in theory be considered accommodations for those who have great difficulty accessing phones.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I thought you'd all say the opposite. I'm not so bad that I can't go in and pick up my stuff just don't know who I'll run into... I don't wanna run into the manager who called. I don't want to run into people who've been involved . My friend said just go in when there's not likely to be alot of people there and said she'll come which is nice. I was gonna go in on a weekend because I don't work weekends and neither does he... but my friend works weekends so wouldn't be able to come with me then.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You did both help yes so thank you. It just makes me really uncomfortable... she makes me uncomfortable... I don't want to **** things up blow my chances of any referance because it's my only real job. I've just been really sick lately with this and other things. I don't want to avoid work forever I just want a new start but been getting so down it feels somewhat impossible.

Thanks so much for your help.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just gonna bump this up because I'm avoiding another call. Maybe I should make this thread my personal phone phobia diary.

A girl from work, I just saw I had a missed call from her. She texted as well and asked if I'm ok because I've not been in work. How do I say I'm leaving without having to say all this... I'm gonna start looking for a new job but for now it's as if I'm just leaving for no reason, with nothing lined up. She gave me her number so we could meet up and talk because she was there with the relationship problems. It seems silly to other people to leave because of that but it's me and my way of not coping at the moment and I've gotten really really sick lately... My doctor was like if you had pneumonia you wouldn't be expected to work it's just a different part of your body that's ill.

I need to get back to her but I don't know what to say. Turned my phone off again lol.
ETA, I drafted a message to her but not sent it... because it's nearly 3am so not a very sociable hour. Don't know her that well though but she's been very nice to me lately with the **** going on, should just suck it up... I'll have to just suck it up tomorrow. I can't just shut people out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts