Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cfitz
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idk if this has to do with SA, but I can't stand awkward moments. I saw my friend getting rejected by a girl a while back, and I just had to leave, lol. Even awkward moments on TV bother me. For instance, on the front page of youtube, one of the most-viewed videos of the day is the chancellor of that college where the protestors got pepper sprayed walking in complete silence for 5 minutes while every single person just stares at her. I couldn't take more than 30 seconds, lol. Here it is.

Do any of you hate awkward moments?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Except she knew it would be awkward. There is awkward that you can prepare for and awkward that you can't. Surprawkward is my term for surprise awkward moments.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I don't think anyone likes awkward moments. I try to see it as an unavoidable part of life (which it is), and laugh at it. Unless of course it's an embarrassing moment for me, which would suck :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, yes must say I dont like awkward moments. The worst for me is if ur left alone with someone u feel uncomfartable with and u dont know what to say. I usually end up saying something silly just to break the silence and then I feel more awkward.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If the person who has awkward moment is someone from my family I feel the same. I think the reason is you relate yourself with them and start feeling like it's you who experience that. Or maybe remember your own awkward moments. I'm not expert in these so just my 2 cents. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
yea i hate awkward moments,
but i have came to accept that they are going to happen no matter what.

Now i tend to prepare for them, or try and make people comfortable around me so that they dont happen so much.

i.e. smiling and joking around.

you must accept that you cannot help stop the silence, either you dont know enough about them and they dont know enough about you.

Before, i used to freeze up and get jittery with my speech when awkward moments came, or say something stupid as an attempt to break the ice. Now i just accept that i couldnt help that, and act normal like the awkward moment doesnt matter. I try and think in my head that its on them, not me. And its upto them to try and control getting nervous.

I find it helps ALOT.

·
i like potatoes
493 Posts
I hate awkward moments! Theres this tv show called Plain Jane where they makeover girls and get them to ask their crushes on a date. I cant stand watching them get rejected! Its so awkward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts