Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
"Utilizes fantasy as a form of escapism and to interrupt painful thoughts"

I'd say all of them except that one. Although I'm not sure I'm in self-imposed isolation as much as situational isolation. But I have isolated myself from a whole household of people before.

I'm not sure I escape into fantasy worlds as much as a "blurry world" that I don't quite connect with anything.

·
Still searching..
400 Posts
the way I understand it, on the spectrum of sa ... this is the severe end.

there were a few symptoms of this that I do not have, but I do have avoidant behavior depending on the situation.

I think you could be considered to have mild sa and still have some avoidant tendencies ..... apd is basically severe sa that for all intents and purposes is basically borderline agoraphobia.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I mean I dont think its good to agree whatever anyone tells you or even the doctor. I think in my opinion is if whatever disorder you have, I tend not to store it as far as memory. I think your training your brain more and more that you have that disorder. I try to forget about it. Sometimes its hard but I still try to surpass.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mean I dont think its good to agree whatever anyone tells you or even the doctor. I think in my opinion is if whatever disorder you have, I tend not to store it as far as memory. I think your training your brain more and more that you have that disorder. I try to forget about it. Sometimes its hard but I still try to surpass.
For sure. I think the more you acknowledge the problem the worse it becomes. Kind of like how it has gotten worse since I joined this site. I also learned a lot too though. Maybe some things like SA have to get worse to get better?

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
i'm a self diagnosed AvPD sufferer, and i'm a little wary about people saying it sounds like a more severe form of SA. it depends on what you mean by severe. in terms of my mood, i think that most of the time, i feel calmer and more at ease than some of the people on here who say they just have SA symptoms. i thinks it's all quite circumstantial, and depends on the individual.

i'm starting to go down the route of possible aspergers with my GP, so it could just be me not quite understanding fully how AvDP affects people, and i'm misdiagnosing myself. but we'll see :)

both are very spectrum based (SA and AvPD). not as black and white as having or not having cancer.

kinda lost my point of why i started my reply. bed time. lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
mine has started evolving into a schizoid personality, self diagnosed of course but the symptoms of that one described me and my thought pattern lately perfectly. which absolutely terrifies me because I have to work and go to school but I dont want to make others uncomfortable around me. but I can't relate to the people I have to deal with daily. If I could just lie in bed forever I would. I felt like I could a few days ago but I forced myself out of bed to not let the depression win me over but GOD does it feel hopeless. I need to stop focusing on it and maybe I'll be able to direct my thoughts to more positive things.

·
Registered
256 Posts
For sure. I think the more you acknowledge the problem the worse it becomes. Kind of like how it has gotten worse since I joined this site. I also learned a lot too though. Maybe some things like SA have to get worse to get better?
Yes exactly my point. I like this site. Jesus comparing myself to others on this forum, I think what I have is minimal. Just my best regards to everyone else in getting through their problems.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts