Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Avoidance is the cause of so much grief for me. I'll skip class for weeks because I can't face the chance that the teacher will mention my absence.

think the distinction between SA and AVPD is that social anxiety is more in-the-moment, a reaction to a situation, and avoidance is more like a "this-might-happen-so-lets-just-not-do-anything" sort of situation, where I'll write things off or plan future behaviour based on my extreme fear of being in a negative situation

God, I don't know. It's really hard to distinguish with words, but i think the relationship between APVD-SA is like depression-SA...they are intertwined and feed off each other but i don't think they are one and the same.

· Registered
165 Posts
I hate being avoidant. I can't relly separate SA and avoidance very well...usually the avoidance feels more like a lack of focus or a feeling of being outside of the situation rather than a "must-get-the-****-out-of-here-i-am-going-to-die" feeling of SA. I do stupid things, though, like wasting 6 hours online because i can't bring mysef to start working on homework.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.