Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Government Watch List
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very short, 4 ft 10 or 11 inches. To the men on this forum that are 5'6" and up, do y'all think women short as me are attractive? You'll have to bend down a bit just to kiss her. Most of the time I see couples who are almost around the same height with each other.

I don't know, maybe this is a dumb question, I can't really explain myself.
I'm not attracted to height first but I do tend to think about problems with it. Like he has to bend over to kiss her or maybe he'll feel uncomfortable thinking people would think she's a kid or something with a grown man. You know, he'll just not be huggable size for me I guess:sigh

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm very short, 4 ft 10 or 11 inches. To the men on this forum that are 5'6" and up, do y'all think women short as me are attractive? You'll have to bend down a bit just to kiss her. Most of the time I see couples who are almost around the same height with each other.

I'm not attracted to height first but I do tend to think about problems with it. Like he has to bend over to kiss her or maybe he'll feel uncomfortable thinking people would think she's a kid or something with a grown man. You know, he'll just not be huggable size for me I guess:sigh
There is very little (if any) stigma associated with average height men and short women. If he's actually taller than average (say he's well over 6' and you're 4'11), it may look like a funny novelty to some people, but the reaction you'd receive is nothing like if I had a 6-foot girlfriend as a 5'3 male.

·
Banned
10,815 Posts
I'm dating someone 12 inches shorter than me. Hugging and kissing work just fine.

No one has made any weird comments yet. People are used to seeing a taller man with a shorter woman. :stu

·
SAS Member
25,273 Posts

I think your over thinking, most men me included like short women. :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I don't know. Maybe you should try.

I'm 5'3 but I'm not that light. So I've never tried. Plus I don't want to break "it" by accident.
-_- that sounds like it would be painful, for me at least XD

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
I'm not into short women. My girlfriend has a co-worker that is 5 feet. They go clubbing and my girlfriend says that guys hit on her a lot because of her height. Not sure how true that is.

I believe they call small women "spinners." It's a good thing supposedly.
:lol Yes, they are called spinners because of how easy it is to maneuver her in bed.

·
SAS Member
4,385 Posts
Im 5'1, and dont have a problem with having guys hit up on me despite never being in a relationship. I also remember this one girl in high school who was 4'11,and she was one of the craziest girls that Ive come across lol (in a cool way). She had no problem with relationships either btw.
-----
Sent from my phone with Tapatalk App

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My sister is about 4'10 (although she claims to be 5 feet, we just smile and nod ;p ) She is currently dating somewhat of a giant at 6'4".... aside from the slightly amusing image its really a non-issue. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
◔_◔
5,212 Posts
I've dated women 5ft and I've dated women taller than me in the end it doesn't really matter to me as long as we flow well together.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You'll probably find more difficulty dating-wise than a girl with a more average height (5'4"). But you aren't at much of a disadvantage at all. It's short guys that get screwed. Though our height doesn't limit us as much as we think. We exaggerate our limitations in our head.

I'm 5'6" and recently kissed a 5'0" girl and it felt perfect. Men on average are about 5-6 inches taller than women. And lots of guys don't mind dating a girl a good bit shorter than that. I do find it amusing when the guy is like 1 foot or more taller than the girl. If two people love each other, who cares. Though sometimes I wonder if guys who date women 1 foot+ shorter than them have a little girl complex and if girls who date guys 1 foot+ taller than them have a daddy complex. But if two people love each other, who cares. Believe it or not but I actually dated a girl that was at least a full foot shorter than me (she's smaller than Snooki! lol) and even when she wore ridiculously platformed boots, it felt weird as hell. It was hard to get aroused around her because I felt like it would have been like sleeping with a child. And I'm a short guy and I'm supportive of fellow short people. But you can't help but be a slave to your biological impulses. That girl is now engaged to some tall guy.

·
Government Watch List
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I prefer him somewhere between 5'1" to 5'3", maybe to 5'4" in a half. A while back when I tried dating sites, every time I fill that out on dating sites, I got no one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and I see no problem dating a girl a foot shorter than me. In fact I have date a girl who was 5' 2" never was a issue.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
My father was 6'4" and my mother is 5'2". There were married for 42 years when Dad passed away. Mom still wears her wedding and engagement rings. Sh also wears Dad's ring on a chain.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts