·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the average dosage of Klonopin?

·
Registered
86 Posts
i personally take 1.5mg a day along with nardil-the combination is excellent for zero social anxiety-you are a "normal" person,ive lived to long with ,my anxietys and at the age of 44 i really not bothered about dependancy n the likes-i dont smoke or drink much so whatever works right.
dont get to worried about the scare stories of clonazepam =my shrink is happy for me to have that dose as its a low dose and way better than using alcohol.
the leaflet says up to 8mg a day so i doubt you will ever hit them dizzy heights

good luck

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
that's great that it works for you (the above poster)

not for everyone though. I take 1 mg. twice a day and it doesn't do much for me, maybe helps a little. I think the average dose is between 1 and 2 mg a day, I'm not sure exactly

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
My pdoc finds most patients respond well to 1mg three times daily, although that seems like a little much to me. 1-2mg in the morning is enough to take away any physical anxiety I may have for the entire day.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
My pdoc finds most patients respond well to 1mg three times daily, although that seems like a little much to me. 1-2mg in the morning is enough to take away any physical anxiety I may have for the entire day.
3 times a day, wouldn't that accumulate in the liver due to it's long half life? I think twice a day dosing is sposed to be the max.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
It would be roughly the same plasma concentration as taking 3mg once daily. I'm actually prescribed 1mg four times per day, but I rarely use it at all.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
That's really hard to say but I think it's something around 0.5 - 2 mg (the largest pill there is as far as I know).
It comes in 0.5, 1 & 2 mg pills so you are correct.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
3 times a day, wouldn't that accumulate in the liver due to it's long half life? I think twice a day dosing is sposed to be the max.
Would it even matter if it did?

The kind of doses used for anxiety are dinky compared to the up to 20 mg a day that was used for epilepsy before it was replaced by newer anticonvulsants.

And wouldn't it be total dose that matters, rather than if it was taken every 8 or 12 hours?:stu

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Would it even matter if it did?

The kind of doses used for anxiety are dinky compared to the up to 20 mg a day that was used for epilepsy before it was replaced by newer anticonvulsants.

And wouldn't it be total dose that matters, rather than if it was taken every 8 or 12 hours?:stu
Well I would assume that it would build up in the system more if you took it every say 8 hours, rather than twice a day, but that said, I agree with you, it's fairly safe drug, even if it did build up in the system a bit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm prescribed 1mg twice a day PRN. I usually don't use it too much but when I do, I'll take 1 mg followed by another 1mg if I really think I need it. Usually 2mg causes too much amnesia and sleepiness though so I find 1mg is pretty decent for mild anxiety. For more severe anxiety, I am on other things.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I'm prescribed 1mg twice a day PRN. I usually don't use it too much but when I do, I'll take 1 mg followed by another 1mg if I really think I need it. Usually 2mg causes too much amnesia and sleepiness though so I find 1mg is pretty decent for mild anxiety. For more severe anxiety, I am on other things.
wow, so klonopin is the milder agent in the combo for your anxeity, can I ask, what are the stronger things?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Klonopin works great for anxiety, but it has its obvious side effects which can become too overwelming once the doses start to get real high. I have formed a belief behind what is the root cause of SA and I don't believe benzos treat the root cause only the symptoms.

So in answer to your question, amphetamine is the "stronger thing" I was referring to. You see benzos do get rid of the fear but don't necessarily make me feel any more talkative. With adderall, I actually transform into what it seems a normal outgoing person would feel like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Klonopin works great for anxiety, but it has its obvious side effects which can become too overwelming once the doses start to get real high. I have formed a belief behind what is the root cause of SA and I don't believe benzos treat the root cause only the symptoms.

So in answer to your question, amphetamine is the "stronger thing" I was referring to. You see benzos do get rid of the fear but don't necessarily make me feel any more talkative. With adderall, I actually transform into what it seems a normal outgoing person would feel like.
I went to my Doc today and she knows I have been prescibed Ritalin. She is putting me on Klonopin 1mg a day. My Doc was wondering if it would not be good to be on both. One downer and one upper? What do you guys think.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I went to my Doc today and she knows I have been prescibed Ritalin. She is putting me on Klonopin 1mg a day. My Doc was wondering if it would not be good to be on both. One downer and one upper? What do you guys think.
It's not nearly so simple as CNS depressant & CNS stimulant working against each other and canceling the other out. I take both Adderall & Klonopin.

·
Overcoming Anxiety
91 Posts
I started taking 1mg on per need basis since late 2010... Now I take 1.5 to 2mg. You can divide it throughout the day, say 1mg in morning 1mg five hours later. Test it out, see what your body tells you

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
DOCTOROFMIND- clonazepam :D

·
Akward
845 Posts
4mg a day.. 1mg 4x.... also on lamictal and steratta.... life sux.. least now it only sux for me instead of those who are close to me :blank

1 - 20 of 27 Posts