Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is the right board or not for my question, but here goes...

As a relatively new member, I think I might get better response to my posts if I had an avatar.

Most of the message boards I've belonged to, have avatars in a list which a member can use.

Does SAS board have such a list, & if so, where can I find it?

If not, do we have to create our own avatars, and put them on a photo hosting webiste?

Also, are many, if any of the avatars which are photos of people, photos of the actual board members who use those avatars?

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
As for as I know SAS doesn't have a list of avatars that you can use. You have to create your own avatar. Most of the avatars that are photos are actual pictures of members like mine. :) I hope I was helpful.

·
Registered
527 Posts
As for as I know SAS doesn't have a list of avatars that you can use. You have to create your own avatar. Most of the avatars that are photos are actual pictures of members like mine. :) I hope I was helpful.
I've never seen the point of a list of avatars. Surely the point of an avatar is that it is unique, and is therefore immediately recognisable. Having a situation where multiple posters could use the same one seems to defeat the purpose.

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
First,

HELLO helpless, welcome to SAS ! :wels :)

Second,

this is the wrong place for this topic.

Avatar is your own thing, you can either make something of your own, or use an image of something else, just to make sure we know you have a personality. please keep in mind that these Images should be small 200 x 200 pixels.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey helpless welcome. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
Does SAS board have such a list, & if so, where can I find it?
I don't believe there is such a list here.

If not, do we have to create our own avatars, and put them on a photo hosting webiste?
no hosting site is needed... you can directly upload your image here.

Also, are many, if any of the avatars which are photos of people, photos of the actual board members who use those avatars?
Most seem to be photos of the members themselves, though there's also a good number of photos that are celebrities the poster is a fan of.

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
hello helpless,your avatar usually reflects your interest.Mine happens to be Zooey,but that will probably change;my interest often does.

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
Thanks for reply, outcast.

Right now, I'm thinking of some kind of symbol or logo, rather than a person's face.

I'm too old & ugly to put my face on an avatar!
A fact in life: You're never as bad as you think you look. You're the one that has been conditioned to think you are ugly, or to say it to preclude getting hurt. That's okay, I do it too. But bear in mind a good goal would be to change that.

As far avatars, I may also do the same, as I do not have one at time of writing.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Helpless! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts