Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, something funky happened.
I had a peach and as I was to throw away the pit I reach for the cabinet door to where the organic trash is. Except it’s not in a cabinet anymore. It’s in a sort of drawer now. For a split second I was back in the kitchen from 2-3 years ago.

Earlier in the day I was going to sit in a car and for a split second I was back in dads old car from ca. 1989 reaching for the window handle.

Theese “glitches” used to happen more frequently in my teens. Sometimes it’d last longer than “a spit second”. Is anyone familiar with this?

I think it might be just stress, but idk. Can’t find anything on Google

·
(.*?)
6,964 Posts
Happens with age. It normally just happens to me when I'm waking up -- a period of confusion about what year and location I'm living in. But it'll happen occasionally in other situations briefly, especially when distracted.

Alternatively, there's the Ubik theory: you may be a recently-deceased person experiencing a sort of simulated reality where objects unevenly revert to older states. If so, spray the incongruously-age-reverted object with a can of Ubik for a temporary fix.

·
Irretrievably Lost
3,236 Posts
Sounds like it could be a glitch in the matrix. Maybe your life isn't what it seems... :eek:

I do have really old random memories pop in to my head for no apparent reason sometimes but nothing like you have described where I feel like I am physically in another time or place. For me I'll be sitting here concentrating on work or whatever then all of a sudden I'll remember this one time my friend's alcoholic dad gave us a ride somewhere in his 90s conversion van, or something like that. Just for no reason, a memory I haven't thought about in ten years or more will all of a sudden come up to the surface. The human mind is a trip.

Reactions: Skeletra

·
Super Moderator
9,575 Posts
This usually happens to me the next morning, when the below happens every time right before I go to bed. I use to be able to take meds or do certain things to avoid this, but eventually this condition has strengthen itself to be able to bypass all of my counter measures to make it inevitable. It became unavoidable.

Azure Font Horizon Natural landscape Calm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts