Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a little research into Autism and all the disorders on the Autism Spectrum.

Whenever I'm around people diagnosed with Autism or other developmental disorders, I start feeling that I have quite a bit in common with them, and maybe that I'm just better at hiding it.

I have sort of a theory about Autism being caused by chronic, intense, primal fear, but I'm just starting to get into researching it.

Anyone have any good links they can point me to, or maybe some personal stories?

Regards. :)

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Well, I can tell you right now that you more than likely don't have Autism, though you may possibly have something called as Asperger's <---(Spelling probably off) And even that is probably highly unlikely since heavy autism is usually diagnosed at a very early age. I know quite a bit about it actually because my younger brother was diagnosed with it when I was 5, so I have a lot of experience with it. Also, despite what many "Professionals" may want to tell you, Autism is a genetic disorder, and cannot be caused through environmental factors though they may have some contribution to the "activation" of dormant genes. Why exactly do you think you have it?

Also, I would like to say that Wikipedia is being far too broad in it's descriptions of Autism regarding autistic behavior. Though they are all behaviors which are character of those with autism, that does not mean that having the behavior means you are autistic, the two are not dependent of each other.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think I'm autistic. I think that I'm probably somewhere at the high end of the autism spectrum though. Maybe not Asperger's even, but I have started noticing that I seem to have more of the similarities the more stressed out I am, and remembering back to when I was a kid and how much more of it I seemed to have then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts